• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

LRcc mobile - what cannot be done v Desktop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrishowe

Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Version Number
LRcc latest
Operating System
  1. iOS
So what can you not do on Lightroom mobile that you can do on the desktop?

Panorama stitching - confirmed on forum as not possible (why? needs too much processing power?)

HDR? I.e. merge several pictures into an HDR file?

Flagging? I can’t see how to flag an item as rejected for example?

My own presets that I was using on desktop, that I did import into Lightroom CC on my desktop

Colour adjustments, like saturation, Hugh, luminance, the latter of which I often use to darken the blue sky.

Does our LR-Queen have a book on the mobile version (could not see it mentioned in the eBook I have)?

Any help appreciated thanks

I do! Edit Like a Pro covers all of the CC cloud-based apps, whether CC on the desktop or mobile devices (or web or appleTV, for that matter) excluding Classic, and The Missing FAQ focuses on Classic. There's lots of confusion on whether people are using CC or Classic on the desktop.

Assuming we are talking CC all the way (not Classic), the main ones that spring to mind are creating copies, merging HDR/pano, editing the capture time, grouping into stacks and pasting to multiple photos. There's probably some minor bits I've forgotten, but they're aiming for feature parity across all of the CC apps.

You can do flagging, presets and practically all of the edit adjustments on mobile as well as desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back