This is a friendly, positive place, and we want to keep it that way. By registering for an account, you agree to abide by the forum rules. They’re quite simple:
- Treat other people the way you would like to be treated, and encourage others to do the same. This is not a boy’s club. We welcome everyone, male and female, young and old, new and experienced photographers, computer novices and geeks.
We are not Adobe
- This is an independent forum set up by users to help other Lightroom users. We’re not endorsed or sponsored by Adobe, and they rarely visit. We don’t always agree with Adobe’s decisions, but we can’t change them, so if you have a complaint for Adobe, post it on their feedback site. Here, we stick to positive constructive conversations.
Think before you type
- Sometimes things can come over the wrong way. The written word is missing tone of voice and facial expressions. Many of our members do not speak English as their first language, or they come from different cultures to your own. Be careful what you say and how you say it, but at the same time, don’t be easily offended, as it’s rarely intentional.
Be willing to learn
- It’s impossible to know how much someone already knows about computers or about Lightroom. If someone tells you stuff you already know, thank them for being helpful. If someone doesn’t give you enough information, ask for clarification or rephrase your question.
Share your knowledge
- Everyone’s been a beginner. Don't hold back in sharing what you’ve learned – it's likely someone will find it useful or interesting, and you might pick up something new too. You don’t have to be an expert to help out.
- This isn’t the place to promote your blog, YouTube channel, presets or any other commercial activities. (We only make exceptions for our badged Lightroom Gurus, who spend many hours here helping users each week.)
Look out for each other
- A team of moderators have been entrusted with the ability to intervene when these Community Rules have been breached. However, due to the dynamic nature and the sheer volume of posts, we can't immediately read everything written – therefore much of the responsibility for maintaining our friendly environment lies with you. If you’re concerned about a post, click the Report button.
The Legal Blurb
Lightroom Forums is an independent Website not endorsed or sponsored by Adobe Systems Incorporated.
- The providers ("we", "us", "our") of the service provided by this web site ("Service") are not responsible for any user-generated content and accounts ("Content"). Content submitted express the views of their author only.
- We assume no responsibility or liability for any errors or inaccuracies that may appear on this website, or for any resulting loss or damage.
- You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws.
- You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.
- Using the forum for self-promotion or advertising commercial products without prior permission is prohibited. This includes promoting your own blog or YouTube channel.
- Personal attacks on members will not be tolerated.
- Repeated complaining about Adobe or their business decisions will not be tolerated.
- Adobe, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe Photoshop Lightroom (and derivatives) are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. Adobe product screenshot(s) reprinted with permission from Adobe Systems Incorporated.
Microsoft and Windows are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Apple, Mac, and Macintosh are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and/or other countries.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
- All images are considered copyrighted by their original owners, whether indicated as such or not.
- You agree to post content, both in text and in image, that you either own the copyright to or have proper permission to use.
- If you are posting text or images from other Websites, you must include a link to the content on the original Website as well as credit to the original author/owner.
- Content on this website may not be reproduced, in whole or in part, without permission of the original copyright holder.
- All Content you submit or upload may be reviewed by staff members. All Content you submit or upload may be sent to third-party verification services (including, but not limited to, spam prevention services). Do not submit any Content that you consider to be private or confidential.
- We reserve the rights to remove or modify any Content submitted for any reason without explanation. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We reserve the right to take action against any account with the Service at any time.
- Moderators and Administrators have the final word on any violations of the Rules & Regulations. Under no circumstances will there be open discussion regarding the actions taken by Moderators and/or Administrators. If you do not agree with the action taken, you may contact a Moderator or Administrator privately to discuss your concerns.
- Your personal data may be stored on a web server outside of the EU.
- Upon registering, your username, email address and IP address will be sent to an anti-spam database, for the security of the forum.
These terms may be changed at any time without notice.
If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register or use this Service. You may withdraw this consent at any time by emailing us to request that your account be deleted.