Adobe Lightroom Classic – The Missing FAQ
Released October 2020, eBooks updated for 11.4 (June 2022) release.
When you have a Lightroom Classic question, where do you look? Do you spend hours searching the web? From now on, you look right here.
Unique Feature – stay up-to-date
Most books on Lightroom are out-of-date within a couple of months, when the next version is released. Adobe Lightroom Classic – The Missing FAQ is different – the eBooks are updated every time Adobe updates the software, so you can always have the latest information! Included in your book purchase is one year’s Classic Premium Membership which gives you access to the eBook updates, email assistance and more – see below for the details and terms.
About the Book
As the name suggests, Adobe Lightroom Classic – The Missing FAQ is primarily designed as a conversational FAQ-style reference book, giving you the detailed information you need to make informed choices, whether you’ve been using Lightroom for a few months or a few years. No more pressing buttons without understanding the repercussions!
Unlike most other Lightroom books, this isn’t just the theory of how Lightroom’s supposed to work, but also the workarounds and solutions for the times when it doesn’t behave the way you’d expect.
Who’s the book written for?
For less experienced users, the Fast Track weaves its way through the book, with short tutorials that guide you through a simple workflow, allowing you to gain confidence before diving into the more advanced questions. The latest 2020 edition includes a new chapter on the concepts behind editing photos and how these translate into Lightroom adjustments, ideal for anyone new to photo editing. Download our free Quick Start eBook to get a feel for the style.
The book then switches to a conversational question & answer format, going into greater detail for intermediate and advanced users. There are questions ranging from simple ones like how to import photos, to the much more in-depth details about how the previews are used and how to create your own camera profiles. Check the Table of Contents and download the first couple of chapters to sample the format.
While the book concentrates on Lightroom Classic, it also includes a completely rewritten chapter on Cloud Sync. The cloud applications (Lightroom, mobile) are covered in its sister book Adobe Lightroom – Edit Like a Pro.
Is it worth reading?
With your book purchase*, you also get a year’s access** to our Lightroom Classic Premium Members Area. The benefits include:
- eBook Downloads
- You’ll have access to the 3 eBook formats of your book – PDF, ePub and Kindle/Mobi – so you can read in the way that suits you best.
- Book Updates
- Adobe make changes to the software between major releases, adding new features and changing existing features. Most books are out of date only a few months after they ship, but with your Premium Membership, you’ll have access to free eBook updates in the Members Area.
- You can purchase our other books at a discounted price (automatically applied when logged in).
- Priority Email Support
- If you can’t find the answer to your Lightroom Classic question in the book, you can use the Premium Email Support contact form to ask Victoria & Paul personally. That’s a bonus money can’t buy!
* To qualify, purchase the Lightroom Classic eBook only or eBook & Paperback bundle from this website, or register your new (not used) Lightroom Classic paperback purchased from a third party such as Amazon, Barnes & Noble or Book Depository.
** Members Area access is valid for 365 days (from date of book purchase if new, or from date of publication if purchased used). When your Members Area access expires, you’re welcome to extend it at a low cost, so you always have the most up to date information about Lightroom Classic.
- It’s written in a conversational style that’s easy to read.
- It gives you instant answers to frequently asked questions, without wasting hours searching the web.
- It saves you time and money by sharing tips and tricks that will make you more efficient.
- It helps you understand what’s happening behind the scenes.
- It shows you how to avoid problems – and their resulting stress – before they happen.
- It teaches you how to solve problems when they do crop up.
- It guarantees you access to additional author support for a year, in case you get stuck.
- It helps you develop a workflow that suits you, rather than squeezing yourself into someone else’s workflow.
- It gives you the confidence to try new things.
- Understanding what you’re doing makes Lightroom FUN!
Got the right Lightroom version?
This book discusses latest release of the traditional desktop-based version of Lightroom, which looks like this:
The Lightroom Cloud ecosystem, which includes the desktop, mobile and web apps, is discussed in Adobe Lightroom – Edit Like a Pro.
For Lightroom 6, the last perpetual license version, click here.
Are the eBooks and paperbacks up to date?
The eBooks are updated on release day for each release.
As you can imagine, it’s impossible to republish the paperbacks every time there’s new features, as new features are added to the Lightroom cloud ecosystem and Lightroom Classic every couple of months. The paperbacks are sent to the printers every couple of years, when there’s enough changes to warrant purchasing a new paperback.
Adobe Lightroom Classic – The Missing FAQ went to press in October 2020. eBooks are updated for the 11.4 (June 2022) release. When new versions are released, we add the changes using an Appendix in the back of the eBook, so those who prefer to read on paper can simply print out the extra pages and add them to the back of the paperback.
eBooks only, eBooks and Paperback
574 (742 incl. bonus eBook chapters)
20 October 2020