You can get the gist of how Lightroom’s sliders work simply through experimentation. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work out that the Exposure slider brightens or darkens the photos.
However, many of Lightroom’s sliders do all sorts of clever calculations behind the scenes. Understanding how the sliders work—and how they work together—means you can get the best result.
In my latest book, Edit Like a Pro, written in the same format and language as this quick start guide, we look in much more detail, not just at how Lightroom CC works, but the approach professional photographers use to get outstanding results.
With your book purchase, you also get a year’s access* to my Lightroom CC Members Area, which includes:
- Multiple eBook formats of this book.
- New Lessons & Updates in the Members Area, as Adobe adds new features to Lightroom CC.
- Email Support from the author, in case you get stuck.*
- Image Analysis Worksheet to help you analyze your own photos.
- Additional Image Edit Walkthroughs to help you continue to improve your editing skills.
- Sample Images so you can follow along with key editing examples.
- Keyboard Shortcuts to speed up your workflow.
- Discounts on future purchases on the Lightroom Queen website.
* Members Area access is valid for 365 days from date of book purchase. Email support is valid for 90 days from date of book purchase. When your Members Area access expires, you’re welcome to extend it at a low cost, so you always have the most up to date information about Lightroom CC.