Adobe Lightroom – Edit Like a Pro
Released October 2020. eBooks updated for the June 2022 releases.
Adobe Lightroom (cloud-based) uses the Adobe cloud ecosystem to synchronize photos from the desktop, mobile phones and tablets. It provides a powerful tool to edit and share photos and memories. But how does it all work? How do professionals approach editing their photos? Why do they look so good? How can you share them easily with friends and family?
Unique Feature – stay up-to-date
Most books on Lightroom are out-of-date within a couple of months, when the next version is released. Adobe Lightroom – Edit Like a Pro is different – the eBooks are updated every time Adobe updates the software, so you can always have the latest information! Included in your book purchase is one year’s Cloud Premium Membership which gives you access to the eBook updates, email assistance and more – see below for the details and terms.
About the Book
Adobe Lightroom – Edit Like a Pro is primarily focused on editing your photos and making the best use of the whole Lightroom Cloud ecosystem. It includes details on how to do so on the Lightroom Desktop, Lightroom Mobile apps and the Lightroom Web interface. (If you use the folder-based Lightroom Classic version, please see our book Adobe Lightroom Classic – The Missing FAQ).
- It’s written in simple concise english that’s easy to read and understand, even if you’re new to photography.
- There are lots of annotated screenshots and diagrams so it’s quick to pick up information.
- You’ll learn to analyze a photo like a pro, saving you hours of frustration.
- You’ll understand WHY to do things, instead of just following recipes.
- You’ll figure out what the sliders are doing behind the scenes, so even more experienced photo editors can benefit.
- You’ll learn how to use sliders together, instead of in isolation, so you can get the optimal result.
- You’ll start to develop your own style of photo editing, rather than copying someone else’s.
- You’ll save time searching the web for information that turns out to be written for the “old” Lightroom Classic instead of your version.
- You’ll save money buying presets that are never quite right.
- You’ll develop the confidence to try new things.
- Your photos will look so much better, you’ll be excited to share them with the world.
- You’ll have all the latest Lightroom (Cloud) information at your fingertips, whether you’re using Windows, Mac, iOS, iPadOS, Android, Web or Apple TV apps.
What does it cover?
In Adobe Lightroom – Edit Like a Pro, we walk you through a full Lightroom cloud-based workflow, including:
- How to add your photos to Lightroom from your desktop, laptop, tablet or phone, so you don’t have to wait until you get home.
- How to sync with the cloud, so your photos are available everywhere, but also how to safely back them up and how to minimize bandwidth.
- How to quickly organize your photos so you can find them again later, without having to spend hours managing files.
- How to pick your best photos without agonizing over your decisions.
- How to search for specific photos, even if you haven’t spent time adding metadata.
- How to analyze a photo from a technical and an artistic point of view, so you know exactly what you need to change to make your photos look stunning.
- How each of Lightroom’s editing sliders and tools work behind the scenes, when you’d use each slider, and how they interact with each other, so you can pick the right tool for the job.
- Step-by-step image transformations based on amateur photos captured in imperfect light, that we can all relate to.
- How to share your finished photos with the world, whether by email, social media, shared web galleries and more.
The book’s designed to be approachable, even if you don’t have much photographic or computer experience, but we’ve included some advanced information for more experienced users too.
Want to get a feel for the style?
Our free Lightroom Quick Start eBook has been written using extracts from Edit Like a Pro. You can download it free of charge right now.
Is it worth reading?
For many years, the Lightroom Queen books have been among the most popular Lightroom books available. They have almost all 5 star reviews on both Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk. As far as we know, this is the only book on the Adobe Lightroom cloud ecosystem.
Premium Membership Bonus!
With your book purchase, you also get a year’s access* to our Lightroom (Cloud) Members Area, which includes:
- eBook Downloads
- You’ll have access to all 3 eBook formats of your book – PDF, ePub and Kindle/Mobi – so you can read in the way that suits you best.
- Constantly Updated
- Adobe make changes to the software every few months, adding new features and changing existing features. Most books are out of date only a few months after they ship, but with your Premium Membership, you’ll have access to free eBook updates in the Members Area.
- Bonus Downloads
- Image Analysis Worksheet to help you analyze your own photos.
- Sample Images so you can follow along with key editing examples.
- Keyboard Shortcuts to speed up your workflow.
- Priority Email Support
- If you can’t find the answer to your Lightroom (Cloud) ecosystem question in the book, you can use the Premium Email Support contact form to ask Victoria & Paul personally. That’s a bonus money can’t buy!*
- You can purchase our other books at a discounted price (automatically applied when logged in).
How’s this book different to Adobe Lightroom Classic – The Missing FAQ?
First and foremost, this book is based on the cloud-based Lightroom ecosystem for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Web and Apple TV, which looks like this:
If you’re using the Lightroom cloud-based apps, whether on mobile or on the desktop, you’ll love the diagrams, showing exactly how to use each tool, hidden gestures, and how to optimize the space and bandwidth that the apps require.
If you only use the traditional folder-based Lightroom Classic or Lightroom 6 on your desktop, then we have books on those applications too. Adobe Lightroom Classic – The Missing FAQ for the current subscription version of Lightroom Classic. Adobe Lightroom 6 – The Missing FAQ book is also still available for users of the perpetual Lightroom license.
If you like to benefit from the best of both worlds, syncing Lightroom Classic with the Lightroom cloud apps, you’ll appreciate having access to both books. Adobe Lightroom Classic – The Missing FAQ focuses on the traditional folder-based desktop app but also discusses how to safely sync with the cloud apps which are covered in Adobe Lightroom – Edit like a Pro. Both books are available as a discounted bundle.
Are the eBooks and paperbacks up to date?
The eBooks are updated on release day for each release.
As you can imagine, it’s impossible to republish the paperbacks every time there’s new features, as new features are added to the Lightroom cloud ecosystem every couple of months. The paperbacks are sent to the printers every couple of years, when there’s enough changes to warrant purchasing a new paperback.
Adobe Lightroom – Edit Like a Pro went to press in October 2020. eBooks updated for the June 2022 release. As Adobe updates the apps, there is a list of the new features at the back of the eBook format, so you can check what’s changed since the paperback was sent to press.
* Members Area access is valid for 365 days (from date of book purchase if new, or from date of publication if purchased used). When your Members Area access expires, you’re welcome to extend it at a low cost, so you always have the most up to date information about the Lightroom cloud-based ecosystem.
eBooks only, eBooks and Paperback
20 October 2020