• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Importing into LR Mobile from an SD card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moll51

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
I apologise if this is a daft/ simple question but...

I use LR Mobile on my iPad and have no issues and it syncs to my Mac and visa versa ..

I am going away and want to be able to take my SD card out of my camera and use an apple adapter to import into LR mobile.

even if i import the pictures into the Photo app on the iPad i can't get the images into the LR app without first saving each image to the Camera Roll

Am i missing something here or is not an option..

Thanks

Welcome to the forum.

Unless some one else can demonstrate other wise, Auto-Add only associated the CameraRoll with a Lightroom Mobile Collection. I think this constraint is imposed by Apple on third party apps like LR Mobile.

Keep in mind that the number of images that you store on your iPad is limited to the capacity of the iPad minus that used by iOS, storage for apps and storage for other data like music. You might consider taking along another storage device to back up files shot with your camera so that the camera card can be freed to use while you are traveling.

Yes, this is a constraint from Apple. Images imported through the camera connection kit will always import into the Camera Roll. Lightroom Mobile can only get them from there. Of course you can delete them from the Camera Roll after you've imported them into LrM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back