TTG MonoSlideshow Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

theturninggate

The Turning Gate
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
TTG MonoSlideshow Gallery 1.3 is released. In this version, Stage dimensions and background color are finally honored and displayed within the LR preview, and can be configured directly from the Site Info panel. There is no longer any need to choose or edit the MSSwrapper.swf file. All of this means that the gallery is easier than ever to configure from within the LR Web module, with improved visual response to changes.

Many thanks are owed to Joe Capra for his Flash work on this release.

Download TTG MonoSlideshow Gallery 1.3.

I'm moving forum discussion to this location. The previous thread can be accessed here: Original Adobe Forum Thread

Cheers,
Matthew

I'm considering buying this package, do people recommend it? I notice in the support forum that the product has not had updates in a while. Is this a concern?

Thanks,
Rob.

I've just used it to rebuild the galleries on our studio's website, and can recommend it 1''%. Lovely little program, made even better by Matt's work.

It's true that MonoSlideshow hasn't been updated in a while, but I find that of little concern. At version 1.32, it's very robust and, even if it's never updated again, I still think it's worth the $2'. I do hope Monokai will continue to develop it, but, as it is, it ranks among my favorite Flash galleries.

I've just used it to rebuild the galleries on our studio's website, and can recommend it 1''%. Lovely little program, made even better by Matt's work.

Which part of your site has the gallery... I think I am looking in the wrong place?

Thanks for the reply!

Thanks Matthew.... your site is the only reason I even *know* about Mono!

I really like your work with Lightroom!

Thanks Victoria.... that's a great site.

I am still investigating some options for slide shows, its just for my personal use. I have a trip to Italy (Sorrento and Tuscany) coming up and want to re-do my galleries, currently done in Gallery2 open source gallery program.

I appreciate all of your support in this forum (on many other threads where I just lurk).

A little off topic, I hope you don't mind.

The other alternative I am looking at,which is in a totally different direction, is using Microsoft PhotoStory 3 which offers a lot of control over zooming and panning. The end result is a video file to be streamed. There are pro's and con's of doing this obviosly.

Here are some PS3 examples:
http://www.vimeo.com/PhotoStoryMagic/

So if I could just get an export from Lightroom to PS3, that would be great!!! The "smarts" behind PS3 is an XML file.

While there is something I don't quite like about creating a video, I can't put my finger on it.

Lightroom is my core right now, so I like the idea of using MSS and the TTG together.

Rob.

Firstly: Thanks Matthew for all the work you've put into this project.

I'm having trouble centering the slideshow; I had the stage, viewport and images set the same yet there is always a little bit of space to the right of the show. I tried giving a little buffer on either side, and altering the stage width, but I still end up with an off-centered slideshow. Strangely enough the controls panel and thumbnail gallery are centered just fine.

I'm a coding noob, so please forgive my naivite; I've checked the index file, and it seems to agree with LR's settings.

It's the same result with every monoslideshow I try to create, regardless of a stage or not.

Here's one of the slideshows (please forgive the mess - I'm working on it);

www.brentheit.com/galleries/Mulholland

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.' Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1" />
<title>Brent Heit Photography: Galleries</title>
<script type="text/javascript" src="swfobject.js"></script>
<style type="text/css">
/* hide from ie on mac \*/
html {
height: 1''%;
overflow: hidden;
}

#flashcontent {
margin: 25px auto ';
border: 5px solid #FFFFFF;
width: 75'.''px;
height: 65'.''px;
}
/* end hide */

body {
height: 1''%;
margin: ';
padding: ';
background-color: #333333;
color:#ffffff;
text-align: center;
}
</style>
</head>
<body>
<div id="flashcontent">

Please install Flash&reg; and turn on Javascript.</p>
</div>
<script type="text/javascript">
// <![CDATA[
var so = new SWFObject("monoslideshow.swf", "SOmonoSlideshow", "75'.''", "65'.''", "7", "#191919");
so.addVariable("showLogo", "false");
so.write("flashcontent");
// ]]>
</script>
</body>
</html>

for those that have used the mono plugin, can u comment how it compares with slideshowpro?
also, shouldn't this be in the plugin's section?

from what i've seen on the mono website, this is a very good flash based SS!

This thread is filed under General Discussion because it was started prior to the creation of the Plugins area, and hasn't been moved.

I prefer MSS because its layout and behavior are more configurable than using SSP.

On the other hand, MSS hasn't been updated in a very long time. Its author says he would like to do more work on it, but hasn't had the time to do so. The component was last updated May 27, 2''7 and there's no telling when or if it will be updated again. SSP enjoys frequent updates.

While I do have a short wishlist of features I'd like to see added to MSS down the line, I think it stands up pretty well as is. It's my Flash slideshow of choice, as is probably apparent by my support of it in Lightroom.

theturninggate;251'2 said:
This thread is filed under General Discussion because it was started prior to the creation of the Plugins area, and hasn't been moved.

You guys are way more observant than me! Thread moved.

thanks for moving this :)

ok, i'm slightly confused :(

is monoslideshow available as a plugin for LR2.' or is it only TTG monoslideshow?
is there even a difference between the two?
if so, what is the difference?

they BOTH look great by the way.
and yeah, the year and a bit of no updates is not reassuring but hey, if it ain't broke don't fix it :)

As I understand it liquidmonkey, Monoslideshow is a stand-alone little program for create great slideshows, as you can see from the monoslideshow website, but to use it, you have to make up the jpegs and change all of the settings in a text file, which is a real pain.

Matt's made it much easier by creating TTG Monoslideshow to create the jpegs and the text file with all of the settings within the Lightroom interface, which you then use in conjunction with the Monoslideshow program (you just replace a dummy file with the monoslideshow one).

And the year with no updates - well, that's because Matt perfected it the first time round! ;) Seriously, it works great.

thanks victoria, well said.
ok, so i need to get both, no worries.

just wondering if its possible to have the thumbnails appear as a strip at the bottom of the slideshow?
i couldn't find that option on the demo page.

Yep, you'll find that's one of the samples that Matt provides, if my memory serves me. You can definitely do it anyway.

everything looks great so far but i'm wondering if its possible to try the full monoslideshow before buying? is there a trial?

i've been on the demo page but they say there are many more options and i'd like to give that a try for a day before buying.

possible?

Unfortunately, there is no trial. The demo page provides a good idea of what can be done with the gallery, though, and you can have a look at my LR template without MSS installed to see what options are in the control pane.

Regarding gallery layout, you can position the thumbnails anywhere in the stage by controlling the padding and position of both the viewport and thumbnails. It's really flexible.

ok, cool! will give that a go, thanks!

just curious, i do what i need to in LR2 and then what next? why do i need monoslideshow stand alone program if the adjustments are done in LR? and does the extra step take long (once your used to it)?

Because TTG Monoslideshow Gallery doesn't include the SWF file for the gallery -- that's the part you have to purchase. When you run the gallery in Lightroom, you won't be able to see the gallery, use the gallery, etc. I simply meant you could get a sense of the type and number of options from the control panel. TTG Monoslideshow Gallery is simply a wrapper for the main gallery component that allows it to work from within Lightroom; without it, TTG Monoslideshow Gallery is like a box of cookies without the cookies in it. And everyone likes cookies ...

i noticed that earlier today when i tried it.
its nice to see that everything can be done in lightroom though :) i was afraid i'd have to do some adjustments in LR and then use the purchased MSS for the rest. but that is not the case :)

its awesome that you made a plugin for LR, much appreciated TTG, thanks!
i'm so going to buy the MSS soon :) looks great and has a shitload of options :)

Upload Web Photo Gallery Sticks

Most of the time when I upload my Web Photo Galleries inside of the TTG Monoslideshow Gallery, Lightroom get stuck at the "Checking FTP Connection settings" prompt. My answer is to cancel and press Upload again, most of the time it moves along after that.

Does anyone have any ideas how to resolve this?

Make sure the MonoSlideshow preview is paused before you attempt upload or export. If the slideshow is running, it can cause problems. If that's not the source, I'm not sure what else might be.

Quite a while back, I made a release of MonoSlideshow that included several Web Templates demonstrating various possible configurations. I've lost those templates. Does anyone still have them?

Thanks,
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back