TTG MonoSlideshow Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

theturninggate

The Turning Gate
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
TTG MonoSlideshow Gallery 1.3 is released. In this version, Stage dimensions and background color are finally honored and displayed within the LR preview, and can be configured directly from the Site Info panel. There is no longer any need to choose or edit the MSSwrapper.swf file. All of this means that the gallery is easier than ever to configure from within the LR Web module, with improved visual response to changes.

Many thanks are owed to Joe Capra for his Flash work on this release.

Download TTG MonoSlideshow Gallery 1.3.

I'm moving forum discussion to this location. The previous thread can be accessed here: Original Adobe Forum Thread

Cheers,
Matthew

Way to go, on the thread move!

:)

Don

TTG MonoSlideshow Gallery 1.31 tweaks the code a bit and includes four User Template presets for the gallery, demonstrating various configuration possibilities.

Download TTG MonoSlideshow Gallery 1.31.

TTG MonoSlideshow Gallery 1.32

TTG MonoSlideshow Gallery 1.32 adds options for mark files. MonoSlideshow supports mark files in either SWF or JPG format. The demo mark file tentacles.swf is included with the gallery archive. Also added, new presets!

Download TTG MonoSlideshow Gallery 1.32.

TTGMonoslideshow looks fantastic, however I am encountering a problem.

Whenever I output or upload (or preview for that matter) a TTG/LR created Monoslidehow the size of the swf created is always approx 6''px wide by 4''px high, regardless of the Stage Width, or Image Size settings.

Oddly the actual Lightroom preview displays the correct Stage dimensions.

I am using MSS v1.32 and TTGMSS v1.33 and LR 1.31 on a Mac OS X 1'.4.11

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Are you also setting the maximum viewport dimensions? If you want the images to occupy the entire stage, then the max width/height for the viewport should match that stage dimensions.

theturninggate;54'2 said:
Are you also setting the maximum viewport dimensions? If you want the images to occupy the entire stage, then the max width/height for the viewport should match that stage dimensions.

Sadly, yes I am.

Here is the LR panel:

TTGMonopanel.jpg

NB Image size is also set to 8''px

The LR preview looks perfect.

However previewing and/or exporting to a browser (Firefox, Safari etc) results in a small view port, which stays the same regardless of the settings above.

TTGMonoOut.jpg

I would guess this size to be 4''px by 6''px.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Jim

I just generated an 8''x8'' gallery without a problem.

Check the index.html file. The Javascript that calls MonoSlideshow into the page should look like this:

Code:
        <div id="flashcontent">

[b]Please install Flash&reg; and turn on Javascript.[/b]</p>
        </div>
        <script type="text/javascript">
            // <![CDATA[
            var so = new SWFObject("monoslideshow.swf", "SOmonoSlideshow", "8''.''", "8''.''", "7", "#FFFFFF");
            so.addVariable("showLogo", "true");
            so.write("flashcontent");
            // ]]>
        </script>
Take note of the 8''s in my code. The gallery should set these numbers to match the Stage Dimensions you input into the Web module. Are you recycling an index.html file from another gallery? In your screenshot, your gallery is in the upper left corner. An HTML file generated from my gallery would center it horizontally. Also, check to see whether you've specified correct width and height in the CSS for the flashcontent div.

Can you put your problematic gallery online someplace so that I can have a look?

Hi,

After checking the index.html, LR/TTG seems to be outputting with a different size:

Code:
// <![CDATA[
var so = new SWFObject("monoslideshow.swf", "SOmonoSlideshow", "48'", "36'", "7", "#ffffff");
so.write("monoSlideshow");
// ]]>
</script>

Despite using the above LR/TTG settings!

Okay, I've got you sorted out. You've got my gallery template exported the default MonoSlideshow index.html file.

When you setup the gallery, you copied the entire contents of the purchased MonoSlideshow's HTML folder into the gallery, and you overwrote my index.html file, the one that TTG MSS Gallery uses to output the gallery properly.

Here's what you need to do:

1) Download a fresh copy of TTG MonoSlideshow Gallery.

2) From your purchased MonoSlideshow, copy ONLY the monoslideshow.swf file, and no others, into the TTGMonoSlideshowGallery folder.

That should set you straight. Let me know how it goes.

How to create different ablums easily with LR?

Hi,

I purchased the MonoSlideshow a few days ago and I really love the way the TTG Gallery makes is so easy to create galleries.

However, there is one thing I haven't been able to figure out yet:

How could I make several albums for one gallery? Can I do this using LightRoom or do I have to do that manually? If yes, then how?

I printed and read the manual I got with it but I didn't find any info regarding this - especially since the original manual doesn't talk about the TTG "tool".

Thanks for you help in advance! ;)

Dundy,

You'll need to produce each gallery individually.

After that, you'll need to manually merge the image data from the XML files. You'll only need one set of preferences. You should rename the image and thumbnail folders, make the necessary adjustments to the XML album information.

It's not a difficult hack once you get used to it. It's something I've been meaning to do a video tutorial on for a while, but haven't gotten around to yet. Perhaps I should ...

TTG MonoSlideshow Gallery 1.34

I've had some free time recently, and have gradually been working my way through my Lightroom development to-do list ...

TTG MonoSlideshow Gallery 1.34 adds support for the albumWidth and albumHeight tags, which control the size of album thumbnails, and also allows a thumbnail filename to be set for use as an album thumbnail.

I've also created a video tutorial on how to merge separate MonoSlideshow galleries into a single, multi-album gallery. The same principles may also be applied to SlideShowPro.

Download TTG MonoSlideshow Gallery 1.34.

See the multi-album gallery tutorial

Another small issue

Exporting the TTG Monoslideshow is taking a long time (and displays no progress bar). I am finding that even for small galleries that LR is taking 1'minutes plus to export a gallery. Sometimes I even have to restart LR to get it working.

The Upload and Preview in Browser seem to be much quicker.

I am running LR 1.31 on a PowerMac Dual 2.66DualCore Processors with 3GB RAM with Mac OSX 1'.4.11

Any thoughts?

Image size output setting

Currently, there is only one slider that controls the image size that is exported from the monoslideshow gallery template. Is it possible to change this one slider to something so that you can specify exactly what height and width the image that lightroom exports?

I'm looking to do something like the "Top Slider" demo on the monoslideshow site. But this would require that me to export a fixed height image from lightroom. I.e. Add two sliders, one for height and one for width.

http://www.monoslideshow.com/demo/ and select "top slider" from the drop down menu.

Thanks, Ben.

Benyyz,

I assume you mean the Top Fader demo, as there is no Top Slider. If you're referring to a different demo, please let me know.

The MonoSlideshow gallery is built on XML/XSLT, a foundation which prevents me from creating two separate sliders. When I convert the gallery over to Lua, it's something I can do. Lightroom 1.3 doesn't support Lua-based Flash galleries, though; that transition will come at a later time.

In the meantime, I don't think you need to specify separate width and height dimensions. Try setting the Scale Mode to "Down scale to fit" and I think you'll achieve the desired effect.

Let me know if you have any further problems.

Cheers,
Matt

Thanks for replying.

Yes, that's the demo. I figured that since lightroom's image export function shows two boxes for height and width, why shouldn't they be in the web module as well? go figure. Anyways, My workaround was to make my viewport base dimensions smaller than the stage height and that had the same effect. But i noticed some image degradation due to the image rescaling from the flash swf. Simpleviewer had the same rescaling issue, but currently it's not as bad as it used to be. i definitely like the extra customizations in monoslideshow though.

Again, Thanks for your response Matt!

Best regards,
benyyz

Glad you've got it sorted out, Benyyz. Like I said, whenever Lightroom begins to support Lua Flash galleries, I'll convert this one and it will have separate sliders for width and height, like my HTML galleries now have.

Cheers,
Matt

Matt, great product!

question: I am having trouble with the image title and caption fonts as well as the thumbnail views. I set larger fonts and change the columns/rows, rounded corners, etc. in the thumbnail view and it doesn't make any changes in the published site. I.e., if I load the index.html generated by lightroom, I get the same font size and thumbnail presentation no matter what I change. If I press the 'Preview in Browser' button it shows all the changes.

I am using lightroom 1.3 and TTG MonoSlideShowGallery 1.34. I am not using any albums, just one simple slideshow. See images below:

thumbsettings.png

settings
thumbpreview.png

preview in browser with these settings
thumbwebsite.png

same settings, exported from lightroom

the following is the html from my index.html file generated from the export in lightroom

Code:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.' Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
    <head>
        <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1" />
        <title>%metadata.siteInfo.title%</title>
        <script type="text/javascript" src="swfobject.js"></script>
<style type="text/css">    
    /* hide from ie on mac \*/
    html {
        height: 1''%;
        overflow: hidden;
    }

#flashcontent {
        margin: 25px auto ';
        border: 5px solid %appearance.monoSlideshow.HTMLborder%;
        width: %appearance.monoSlideshow.wrapperStageWidth%px;
        height: %appearance.monoSlideshow.wrapperStageHeight%px;
    }
    /* end hide */

body {
        height: 1''%;
        margin: ';
        padding: ';
        background-color: %appearance.monoSlideshow.HTMLbackgroundColor%;
        color:#ffffff;
        text-align: center;
    }
</style>
    </head>
    <body>
        <div id="flashcontent">

[b]Please install Flash&reg; and turn on Javascript.[/b]</p>
        </div>
            // <![CDATA[
            var so = new SWFObject("monoslideshow.swf", "SOmonoSlideshow", "%appearance.monoSlideshow.wrapperStageWidth%", "%appearance.monoSlideshow.wrapperStageHeight%", "7", "%appearance.monoSlideshow.backgroundColor%");
            so.addVariable("showLogo", "%appearance.monoSlideshow.showLogo%");
            so.write("flashcontent");
            // ]]>
        </script>
    </body>
</html>

Also note, I am running in linux on an apache web server. (current versions).

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

question

Hi Matthew,

first of all: awesome work your TTG-Plugins for lightroom!

how can i 'convert' a xml-file from the monoslideshow demo-page into a lightroom-user template for TTG-Monoslideshow?

Is that possible at all??

Cheers

Christian

@davidmknoble: Just had a look at the gallery in regards to your issues. I'm not having any problems here with exported galleries matching my preview. I find it odd, however, that your exported HTML file still has the %variables%, which should have been replaced with values on export. I'm not sure what advice to offer. Maybe delete everything -- gallery and template presets -- and install it again, fresh. @Christian: There's no way to automate that, but you can always open the XML file and manually enter the settings, then save a preset of your own.

Can one stop the MonoSlideshow from loading more images?

Hi Matt

Do you know if it is possible to stop the MonoSlideshow from downloading further images? The reason I ask this is that some people may access my site with a low-speed internet connection.

I would like to add a "stop" button below the MonoSlideshow, but I cannot find any reference to a stop command in the MonoSlideshow documentation.

Regards, Nigel

@NigelL,

MonoSlideshow will load images as it requires them. This is why the loading indicator will sometimes appear before showing the next image. The way, then, to stop this process is simply to pause the slideshow.

Cheers,
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back