• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

moving LR & PS from W-7 to W-10

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougJ

Lightroom Version Number
the photography LR + PS subscription plan
Operating System
  1. Windows 7
  2. Windows 10
I subscribe to the Photography (LR & PS) plan. I run this on my Windows 7 machine. However, as of January 2020, W-7 will no longer be supported . It's therefore time to switch to Windows 10. I take possession of my new W-10 machine in July.
What I would like to know is how I deactivate my licence (for both LR and PS) on the the W-7 machine and establish my licence on the new W-10 machine.

Just to be clear, all of my image data is on its own 2TB HD, which HD will be moved to the new W-10 machine.
TIA for information and advice.
Ciao, Doug

Hi Doug and welcome to the Forum!

Simply log out of your Adobe account on the W7 machine (in the CC App) and once all loaded up log onto the account on the new machine. You can actually have two machines active at the same time.

One of the free eBooks on this site could be very useful to you - Moving Lightroom to a New computer - here's the Blog that launched it:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/moving-lightroom-free-ebook/
Hope all goes well!

Hi Paul,
Thanks for your reply: it seems a very simple and straightforward process.
I do have the eBook you mention and reviewed it before posting my question. Unless I've missed something, that eBook does address moving to a new computer, but I didn't spot anything that seemed to address expressly moving to a new computer with a new (different) operating system. Anyway, thanks for being patient with me.
Ciao,
Doug

Hi Doug

Glad you have the book. It's especially helpful in the steps and also the files that are easily overlooked (profiles, etc) but for other things you may encounter along the way we'll do our best to help here!

Paul

Unless I've missed something, that eBook does address moving to a new computer, but I didn't spot anything that seemed to address expressly moving to a new computer with a new (different) operating system.
Since you're moving from a Windows version to another Windows version, everything will be the same as moving on the identical OS. If you were moving to Mac, there's a few extra things to watch out for, like the format of the drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back