• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • The May 2019 Lightroom updates are now available. There's a brand new slider called Texture, available across the whole family of apps. Lightroom Classic includes a new tool called Flat Field Correction. Lightroom (cloud-based service) has lots of big improvements including cloud trash, invitation-only web galleries, improved chromatic aberration removal and more. The Missing FAQ and Edit Like a Pro eBooks are already updated for the changes. You'll also notice the CC's have disappeared off the end of the names, so we've updated the forum names to match.
  • Are you using Lightroom CC on Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Apple TV or in a web browser? Are you syncing your photos to the cloud? Then you'll love my new book, Adobe Lightroom CC - Edit Like a Pro! It shows you how to use the full Lightroom CC ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also learn the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily.

moving LR & PS from W-7 to W-10

DougJ

Lightroom Version
the photography LR + PS subscription plan
Operating System
Windows 7, Windows 10
I subscribe to the Photography (LR & PS) plan. I run this on my Windows 7 machine. However, as of January 2020, W-7 will no longer be supported . It's therefore time to switch to Windows 10. I take possession of my new W-10 machine in July.
What I would like to know is how I deactivate my licence (for both LR and PS) on the the W-7 machine and establish my licence on the new W-10 machine.

Just to be clear, all of my image data is on its own 2TB HD, which HD will be moved to the new W-10 machine.
TIA for information and advice.
Ciao, Doug

Paul McFarlane

Lightroom Queen Publishing
Staff member
Administrator
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
Hi Doug and welcome to the Forum!

Simply log out of your Adobe account on the W7 machine (in the CC App) and once all loaded up log onto the account on the new machine. You can actually have two machines active at the same time.

One of the free eBooks on this site could be very useful to you - Moving Lightroom to a New computer - here's the Blog that launched it:

Hope all goes well!

DougJ

Hi Paul,
Thanks for your reply: it seems a very simple and straightforward process.
I do have the eBook you mention and reviewed it before posting my question. Unless I've missed something, that eBook does address moving to a new computer, but I didn't spot anything that seemed to address expressly moving to a new computer with a new (different) operating system. Anyway, thanks for being patient with me.
Ciao,
Doug

Paul McFarlane

Lightroom Queen Publishing
Staff member
Administrator
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Classic 8
Hi Doug

Glad you have the book. It's especially helpful in the steps and also the files that are easily overlooked (profiles, etc) but for other things you may encounter along the way we'll do our best to help here!

Paul

Victoria Bampton

Lightroom Queen
Staff member
Administrator
Lightroom Guru
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Unless I've missed something, that eBook does address moving to a new computer, but I didn't spot anything that seemed to address expressly moving to a new computer with a new (different) operating system.
Since you're moving from a Windows version to another Windows version, everything will be the same as moving on the identical OS. If you were moving to Mac, there's a few extra things to watch out for, like the format of the drives.