• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Lightroom Folder issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

SFGD

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hi,

I have a quite annoying problem and hope you can help me...

I am using a NAS to store my pictures. As I have used Lightroom since years to import my pictures they are stored on the NAS in the following naming convention: Year --> Year-Month-Date

Through an issue in the past (no idea how this could have happened), I have now two folders in Lightroom for my NAS and the pictures are split between them. Let me give an example: On my NAS (file manager) I have a folder called "Nikon" which contains 4 subfolder "2019", "2018", "2017", "2016". In the folder menu in Lightroom the folders are shown like this:

NAS (an own folder in Lightroom)
- Nikon

nas (an own folder in Lightroom)
- Nikon

My first intention was to just drag and drop the folders from "nas" to "NAS" but then I get the error message that the folder already exists there, which is technically correct as e.g. the folder "2017" is within the folder "Nikon".
So the "artifiical file manager" of Lightroom has split the files, whereas they in reality are in one structure.

Any recommendation how I can solve the issue?

THANKS!

SFGD

Search the forum for "Capitalization". You aren't alone, and there is a relatively easy fix.

Hi SFGD, welcome to the forum!

Hal's right on the money as usual. Here's one example thread: Duplicate (Phantom?) entries in catalog.

Feel free to ask if you can't figure out how to apply the instructions to your own situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back