• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Is there still a Facebook plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.

gegjr

Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version: 10.3 [ 202105281559-8dc50eb4 ]
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I have searched this forum for an answer to this question but cannot find anything. When I go to the export dialogue window and select Plugin Manager I see an old Facebook plugin I use to use. In the Plugin Manager it says it's enabled. When I click on Show in Explorer I see a facebook.lrplugin file but when I click on ADD there is no facebook.lrplugin folder. Can someone please explain this to me? I am including screen shots.

Attachments

• No_facebook_plugin_folder.png
    No_facebook_plugin_folder.png
    169.8 KB · Views: 173
  • facebook.lrplugin_explorer_file.png
    facebook.lrplugin_explorer_file.png
    187.7 KB · Views: 162
  • LrCpluginmgr.png
    LrCpluginmgr.png
    51.5 KB · Views: 188
I have always struggled with FB, mostly due to being old school and not enjoying spending hours reading nonsense. I do recognize the need to use it if one wants to be active with folks who live in it though. What I've found recently is I can drag from Windows Explorer and they seem to show up fine. I read all kinds of guidelines about sizes etc., but for example, I just posted a 3123 x 2400 Pixel image at 300dpi by dragging it from my hard drive into into the landing pad on FB, and it looks fine. I downloaded it from there and the size is 1952 x 1500 Pixels, so they resized it to 62% of the original.
Have they just made things that simple now, that one can do it that way and let their behind the scenes machinations handle the sizing without needing to sweat it any more?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back