• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Version 11.5 New update requests driver update Need to switch off request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trihelm

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 11
Any one having problems with New Update 11.5 asking for video driver update ? Mine is and its not even the Video card in use ??? Any idea how to switch this off, its very annoying and doent happen on the previous 11.4.1 version ~ Checked for driver update both in windows and with manufacturer ~ not available update ~ any help in getting rid of the annoying request appreciated.

@RikkFlohr do you think Adobe would consider this to be a bug, and be filed as such? It may be annoying, but it may be working as designed, to the chagrin of those of us who cannot update the driver :\
It isn't a bug. Meaning, it is behaving currently as-designed. There is an active feature request to have a "Do not show this again" check box for those of you who don't disable your integrated GPU via BIOS.

It isn't a bug. Meaning, it is behaving currently as-designed. There is an active feature request to have a "Do not show this again" check box for those of you who don't disable your integrated GPU via BIOS.
If it is not a bug, why has it taken until this version for the warning to appear?

If it is not a bug, why has it taken until this version for the warning to appear?
Quite simply: Code changes that are 'as-designed' can occur at any time - even in conjunction with the only most recent version. The code changes that cause this warning dialog to appear are new to version 11.5 so it would have not been possible for it to show in previous versions.

It is not a bug.

So it's a new feature that just needs improving a bit more!

One wonders if Adobe has shares in Nvidia. I have an iGPU only. It's the latest from Intel, a UHD Graphics 770. It runs quite well with LrC except for the known glitch with Select Subject. However, every now and again, LR switches off the iGPU without warning, leaving me with just the CPU and even less graphics performance. Go figure. When I realise this has happened, I need to reset and reboot LR.
Yes, Adobe, I get the message. You want me to buy a $600 thumping 4GB discrete GPU. Great, but I'm not yet ready to dispense with my new perfectly good iGPU.

One wonders if Adobe has shares in Nvidia. I have an iGPU only. It's the latest from Intel, a UHD Graphics 770. It runs quite well with LrC except for the known glitch with Select Subject. However, every now and again, LR switches off the iGPU without warning, leaving me with just the CPU and even less graphics performance. Go figure. When I realise this has happened, I need to reset and reboot LR.
Yes, Adobe, I get the message. You want me to buy a $600 thumping 4GB discrete GPU. Great, but I'm not yet ready to dispense with my new perfectly good iGPU.
I find the whole GPU business an exercise in frustration. However, I would be inclined to check if some part of your system is overheating, causing throttling of some sort, thus causing Lr to switch off iGPU. I have meant to find a method myself to either warn me of pending critical temps, or have a simple log I can review if I suspect temp might be a factor in performance. Never got around to it, maybe a winter project.

However, every now and again, LR switches off the iGPU without warning, leaving me with just the CPU and even less graphics performance.
I suspect it's hitting a bug in the driver. I think that's what this new dialog is trying to nudge people to check, as most just rely on the OS to update drivers even though the manufacturer's may have a better one.

I suspect it's hitting a bug in the driver. I think that's what this new dialog is trying to nudge people to check, as most just rely on the OS to update drivers even though the manufacturer's may have a better one.
I agree. Windows is very conservative in updating drivers. Normally that is a good thing but things are moving so fast at the moment. I've started using the Intel Driver & Support Assistant to get the very latest. It has fixed a number of issues but not all. Maybe, the very latest drivers puts the onus on software writers to keep up.

I had this issue. Showed as soon as update 11.5 There was an Intel card showing along with my Nvidia. Uninstalled it. It came back. Long story short, I checked my BIOS. Sure enough, intel was enabled. I disabled it. Problem solved. I don't know how it was enabled. I have not been in BIOS in months, and it was not showing in device manager prior to the update.
Thank you. This was also my problem. Disabling the Intel graphics card fixed the problem but Adobe should probably still fix their software to allow disabling of the update request.

i had the same problems after the latest automatic update. in the computer two cards the Skylake GT2 with Intel driver full updated and an other card the Geforce
Please add your constructive opinion to this feature request:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/ligh...g-add-do-not-show-again-option/idi-p/13149571

and be sure to click the Upvote button at the top-right and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will consider implementing the feature and you'll be notified when they do.

Thank you. This was also my problem. Disabling the Intel graphics card fixed the problem but Adobe should probably still fix their software to allow disabling of the update request.
Thank you! This was also my problem. I have no intention to go in my bios to fix this. In my computer is the Skylake GT2 and the NVidea Geforce GTx 960 M both drivers fully updated as far as possible. Stlll have the problem again and again by startup. I look in the Lightroom LC maps and found the map System Comptability Report containing json files in every langues. This map i Renamed. Problem solved! Also not an elegant solution ! I think Adobe have to solve this! How difficult is it to unable after having read in the same popup! ?

Any one having problems with New Update 11.5 asking for video driver update ? Mine is and its not even the Video card in use ??? Any idea how to switch this off, its very annoying and doent happen on the previous 11.4.1 version ~ Checked for driver update both in windows and with manufacturer ~ not available update ~ any help in getting rid of the annoying request appreciated.
Thank you! This was also my problem. I have no intention to go in my bios to fix this. In my computer is the Skylake GT2 and the NVidea Geforce GTx 960 M both drivers fully updated as far as possible. Stlll have the problem again and again by startup. I look in the Lightroom LC maps and found the map System Comptability Report containing json files in every langues. This map i Renamed. Problem solved! Also not an elegant solution ! I think Adobe have to solve this! How difficult is it to unable after having read in the same popup! ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back