• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Reset Catalog to default location?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jan Emery

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Classic
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
Newby here, first post. I've dipped my toes into Lightroom for a couple of days, and didn't accept the default catalog location when I set it up. I've only uploaded half a dozen test images that don't really matter. Having now found this site, and having now got the Lightroom Classic Quick Start guide and read the first few pages on 'Before You Start" , I'd now like to reset to default location, basically start again. Is there an easy way to do this? I can delete the images in there already, it's not a problem. Thank you.

Hi Jan, welcome to the Forums!

Easy to change, simply move the catalog from where you created it (and the Lightroom files next to it) to a location of your choice (/My Pictures for example), then double-click the catalog file and Lightroom will open it there instead!

Finder. Sorry should have been specific!

Move whole folder containing the LRCAT file

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back