• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you ever disappointed with your photos? Do you get frustrated when you’re editing because you’ve been told to move certain sliders, but never been told WHY? Do you wish you could transform your photos without having to spend hours in front of the computer? In my new book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit Like a Pro, you’ll learn:
    • how to to analyze a photo like a pro, saving you hours of frustration.
    • WHY you might want to move specific sliders, instead of just following recipes.
    • what the sliders are doing behind the scenes.
    • how to use sliders together, instead of in isolation, so you can get the optimal result
    The book is based on the cloud-native Lightroom desktop and mobile apps, but the principles also apply to Lightroom 6 and Lightroom Classic. The sliders are arranged into slightly different panels, but there's an included PDF that shows you where to find them in Lightroom Classic/6.

Noisy? looking photo after editing

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Classic 9.2
Operating System
Windows 10
I've noticed that when I edit a photo in Develop and reduce noise and sharpen a bit that I can make it all look smooth and clear BUT when I switch back to Library especially the sky will then look a bit mottled and noisy. This was happening prior to the last update also. Is this usual? Would you think it will show up when I send the photo out for print? When I switch back to Develop it looks good again. Any suggestions?

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
It depends on the cause of the mottled effect. In Library, if you zoom to 1:1, does it disappear or stay? And same in Develop?

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Classic
When I zoomed it stayed. I remembered the Masking slider under Sharpening and adjusted it till the blue part of the sky was black and that helped a lot. I'll check other photos and see if the Masking helps there. I also noticed that when I switch back to library it can take 15 to 20 seconds to complete loading. Finishing loading also made the effect reduce. Maybe I wasn't watching it long enough when I switched?
I've also noticed some of the changes are taking longer to update recently. Thanks Rick

Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
1:1 in Library is about the best representation of how the files would output. Fit view in Develop is the least accurate for high levels of noise reduction and sharpening as it's designed to update quickly, so the Fit view can look smoother than the photo really is. Slow switching to Library also makes me think you probably have large amounts of intensive stuff like noise reduction applied?