Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic 9.2
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I've noticed that when I edit a photo in Develop and reduce noise and sharpen a bit that I can make it all look smooth and clear BUT when I switch back to Library especially the sky will then look a bit mottled and noisy. This was happening prior to the last update also. Is this usual? Would you think it will show up when I send the photo out for print? When I switch back to Develop it looks good again. Any suggestions?

It depends on the cause of the mottled effect. In Library, if you zoom to 1:1, does it disappear or stay? And same in Develop?

When I zoomed it stayed. I remembered the Masking slider under Sharpening and adjusted it till the blue part of the sky was black and that helped a lot. I'll check other photos and see if the Masking helps there. I also noticed that when I switch back to library it can take 15 to 20 seconds to complete loading. Finishing loading also made the effect reduce. Maybe I wasn't watching it long enough when I switched?
I've also noticed some of the changes are taking longer to update recently. Thanks Rick

1:1 in Library is about the best representation of how the files would output. Fit view in Develop is the least accurate for high levels of noise reduction and sharpening as it's designed to update quickly, so the Fit view can look smoother than the photo really is. Slow switching to Library also makes me think you probably have large amounts of intensive stuff like noise reduction applied?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back