• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Multiple licenses & 1 Adobe ID?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win

Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Operating System: Windows 10
Exact Lightroom Version (Help menu > System Info):

I need to use CC on 3 machines. I understand that one subscription to CC allows me to use it on 2 computers. That means I need to have 2 subscriptions to use CC on the 3 machines. Does anyone know if I can use ONE Adobe ID for both subscriptions?

I would prefer to manage both subscriptions with one ID rather than having to setup a second ID with a second email address. But I haven't found a clear answer in my web searches and the Adobe forum thread I read about this was very confusing with conflicting answers from Adobe staff (although the thread was a bit old).

Thanks!
Win

I don't see how you could use a single AdobeID. The AdobeID is what identifies you, so when you would log in with one and the same AdobeID, the system would not know which subscription you are trying to access. I know there is an 'Creative Cloud for Teams', but that is probably not an option for just three computers and I'm not even sure that Lightroom is part of that solution.

I verified with Adobe that this is not possible. 1 ID = 2 Active Installations. You would need a second ID.

Here's the rundown... You can use a functional email alias as an ID for a second set of licensing for personal and even teams; currently it's the only way I can see to purchase more licensing. WIth Enterprise\Sitewide, you can find out from adobe what's required, but from what I've read, you need some way to name the seats and give them a login. The managing server handles the connection to adobe, but the login connects users\seats to the managing server.

Honestly, I think its a pain, but you can use aliases for personal licenses, pushing all the emails to your main account. If you have a user\pass manager that you can put on each machine, you can use a color or number code as part of the alias ID, and tape that alias number code to the screen or somewhere near the computer. You will get licenses in sets of 2, and you can invite them to each other for basic cloud collaboration, but they won't be able to collaborate as easily as a Teams account.

Remember, with Teams, Adobe servers take on more demand from the team, aiding in grouping files etc. With Enterprise\Sitewide licensing you set up your own onsite server that helps take on the workload, even allows some "personal cloud" space if you have the resources, allowing you to consolidate technologies, and it allows for easier "seat naming".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back