• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Missing Profile - Standard Camera on Lightroom for iPAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrboyce

Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Version Number
Version 6.2.1
Operating System
  1. iOS
I don't know if it was the March Lightroom Update on iPAD 2 weeks ago or the iOS 14.4.2 update or maybe even the introduction of a new camera (added Nikon Z7 II to the Z6 I was using) but all of a sudden I have a number of older images shot with the Z6 that Lr Mobile is complaining it no longer has the standard camera profile. It could also be that Adobe was messing around with profiles to try and accommodate Apple's ProRAW and impacted more than they had planned in update 6.2.1 to Lightroom.

A search here revealed that in the past an uninstall and reinstall may solve the issue since I see no harm in that other than time I am going to give it a try. The issue is not happening on my Win10 PCs so I can only assume Adobe has profiles for both these cameras.

I am open to other suggestions if anyone has one

HR

Ok an uninstall and re-install has cleared the MISSING PROFILE issue on the iPAD
Does anyone know how to force a re-download of smart previews and/or originals?

Yeah, that's the quickest solution. Store album locally in the album's ... menu is the quickest way to force everything to store locally. Whether it's smart previews or originals will depend on the Only Download Smart Previews switch in Settings > Cloud Storage & Sync.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back