• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Lightroom Classic mobile sync and lightroom cc deletions....

Status
Not open for further replies.

timberdog

Lightroom Version Number
Classic 8.4.1
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hi All,
I have been happily using Classic and using sync so that I can edit images on my tablet/phone from wherever. I realised the other day that I was using up my 20gb cloud storage and wondered why...I un-synced several collections only to find that I am still up to 16GB of my 20 in the cloud....I then deleted all my cloud images thinking that would be it BUT......my synced collections in Classic have no images in....Does this mean I have deleted the originals (so I have to restore from LRCC) and lost my Synced collections? I know I can restore the deleted but I just want my collections back! I have been reading lots about this but unsupprisingly still dont understand. I just wanted to be able to sync collections to cull/edit then un-sync when I am done - I think I may need some help here :(

Lightroom Classic syncs smart previews to the cloud, and these do not count against your 20 GB cloud space. That means this space was taken by something else, such as photos taken with your phone. Deleting images from the cloud only unsyncs them, the originals are still in Lightroom Classic. You will have to add those images to the synced collections again.

Great news. So I presume the space taken up was from iPad uploads from my nikon, that's OK. But my collections will have to be made again and as long as I only delete directly added files from my webspace (added via ipan and phone) my collections will stay intact? Thanks so much for this. I don't suppose that there is a way in my adobe cloud that I can choose to delete all except from smart previews the originate from my desktop LR classic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back