• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Lightroom Classic 11.5 - 'Kind' filmstrip filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

david_28

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic 11.5
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hi - yesterday's release announced the new 'Kind' filter - does anyone know where to find it? It's not in the Filters Drop Down Menu. This is from the Adobe release notes, and there's nothing else I can find - many thanks

1660988590777.png

Victoria, I have not had much time to study your LR Classic book I bought. I promise I will.
So, when a new version of LR comes out, it sounds like you update your book quickly, right? So I just delete the old PDF I downloaded to my PC, laptops and tablet and grab a new one?

Also, concerning filmstrip filters.... They are important to me and sometimes I see crazy stuff on the filmstrip during editing and it is because I have somehow changed the filter as I fat-finger around LR.
For example, I insist on having all my shots in the order shot when I'm in a trip shooting with three cameras. For example, a year ago my wife and I were in Iceland for a month driving the Ring Road and all of the peninsulas. We drove almost 5000 K in Iceland. I had a GFX 100 with 6 GF lenses in the back seat of the rental. I also had a GFX 50 converted to IR. The third camera was a Leica Q2. So, I would see a great scene with awesome skies and pull over and shoot the GFX 100, then grab the IR camera and fire a shot. Then grab the Q2 with its awesome 28mm Summilux and fire a shot. I did that all day every day and would get to the hotel at night and start post. I would import the images from the cards of all 3 cameras and the goal was to view them alll in shooting order on that filmstrip so that I could Title and Caption the images all the way through the day in groups from the 3 different cameras (all raw images displayed together). The raw file name extensions were different because you had RAF (Fuji) and DNG (Leica), but you could set the filter to display them all in shooting order, which means I could name the files in shooting order from 3 cameras while grouping them all together for naming, titling, captions, etc.... Then, I could reorder temporarily in the dev module them so that all the IR shots were together so I could apply like group edits on those since the edits on IR images are so drastically different.
The LR fim-strip filters are key to the workflow and I learned some stuff I didn't know reading that section of your book on that link.
Why you giving that away? LOL.

Victoria, I have not had much time to study your LR Classic book I bought. I promise I will.
So, when a new version of LR comes out, it sounds like you update your book quickly, right? So I just delete the old PDF I downloaded to my PC, laptops and tablet and grab a new one?
Sorry @GregJ I missed your message.

Yes, the updated book goes live on release day every time there's new features.

For Classic, we put the changes into an Appendix at the end so you don't have to trawl all the way through the book to find out what's changed, and when we quote page numbers, they stay the same for a year or two. You can either delete and replace the PDF or just grab the separate Changes appendix if you like to annotate your PDF.

Every other year, we integrate all of the Appendix changes into the main body of the book and send the paperback back to press, so it gets a new edition number and cover image.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back