Lightroom 6 won't open without Adobe Application Manager on macOS Catalina-cache issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

kangchun.cheng

Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
Hi Everyone,

I was running Lightroom 6 concurrently with Catalina version 10.15.6 for nearly a year without issue (despite making the mistake of upgrading from Mojave) despite how LR6 is technically not compatible with this version. I made another mistake of clearing some caches yesterday and now am getting the error message:

Adobe Application Manager, required to start your trial, is missing or damaged.
Please download a new copy of Adobe Application Manager from
Download Adobe Creative Cloud apps | Free Adobe Creative Cloud trial."

Going to that link doesn't actually do anything, I can't find the Adobe application manager download for Macs. I'm stuck! I can't reset the preferences in LR since it won't open at all. Please help!

Solution
I'm afraid it's not great news... the Adobe Application Manager installer/activation process is 32-bit so won't run on Catalina, so even if you could download the Adobe Application Manager, I don't think it'd run.
I'm afraid it's not great news... the Adobe Application Manager installer/activation process is 32-bit so won't run on Catalina, so even if you could download the Adobe Application Manager, I don't think it'd run.

Solution
All is not lost - if you backed up your Mac. There are some Adobe License manager issues to work around but easily fixed - see here. (see the post by kjetilj5340681 dated 7 April 2020).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back