• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom 6 questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom 6 - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. When you upgrade to subscription, there's also a Lightroom Classic version available.

Lightroom 6 won't open without Adobe Application Manager on macOS Catalina-cache issue

kangchun.cheng

Lightroom Version
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
Hi Everyone,

I was running Lightroom 6 concurrently with Catalina version 10.15.6 for nearly a year without issue (despite making the mistake of upgrading from Mojave) despite how LR6 is technically not compatible with this version. I made another mistake of clearing some caches yesterday and now am getting the error message:

Adobe Application Manager, required to start your trial, is missing or damaged.
Please download a new copy of Adobe Application Manager from
Download Adobe Creative Cloud apps | Free Adobe Creative Cloud trial."

Going to that link doesn't actually do anything, I can't find the Adobe application manager download for Macs. I'm stuck! I can't reset the preferences in LR since it won't open at all. Please help!

Solution
I'm afraid it's not great news... the Adobe Application Manager installer/activation process is 32-bit so won't run on Catalina, so even if you could download the Adobe Application Manager, I don't think it'd run.
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
I'm afraid it's not great news... the Adobe Application Manager installer/activation process is 32-bit so won't run on Catalina, so even if you could download the Adobe Application Manager, I don't think it'd run.

Solution

michaelp

All is not lost - if you backed up your Mac. There are some Adobe License manager issues to work around but easily fixed - see here. (see the post by kjetilj5340681 dated 7 April 2020).