• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Apple TV and Web? Then you'll love my new book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit Like a Pro!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

How to set up Collection links between the Lr app and Lr on my computer

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I exported a folder "as a Catalog" and lost the double arrow icons that identified a collection linked to a matching collection in Lr on my computer. '

It's been so long since it added those links that I forgot how I did it. Could someone refresh my memory?

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Classic
It sounds as though you are talking about the sync icon that shows when a collection is synced with the cloud. In which case, those icons cannot appear in an exported catalog as only one catalog at a time can be the "synced catalog", i.e. the exported catalog is not synced with the cloud unless you specifically choose to make it the new synced catalog (but in doing that the current master catalog would lose its sync connection).