Status
Not open for further replies.

Jan Alice

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Hello, I am actually a watercolor artist, but I paint from photo references. I use Photoshop Elements a lot in order to create a reference that is close to my vision for a painting (combining photos, altering photos, changing colors, shapes, etc.).

I struggled with Apple Photos and iCloud for years, trying to keep track of my photos. One thing I didn't like is that the metadata did not seem portable or permanent. I also kept my family photos in there, and when I added a note, I wanted to know that the younger generation in my family could see it someday.

Another problem was that every time I wanted to work on a photo in Photoshop Elements, I had to export the photo. After working on the photo, I did not want to import it back to Photos, so I left it in a folder structure on my Mac. I know it will be much easier to go between PSE and Lightroom.

I recently bought the Lightroom Plan with Lightroom CC and am just getting started. I migrated my photos from Apple Photos Library to Lightroom, though they didn't seem to arrive in the Lightroom Library. I'm not exactly sure where they are. ;)

I am not sure yet if Adobe Bridge will become a part of my work flow.

I am excited to begin working with Lightroom. I am glad I have found The Lightroom Queen, as this site seems to be the best site for clear explanations. :)

Can't wait to get started.

Jan Alice

Last edited:
Hello and welcome! You are right, this is a great place to get support, with some real experts here.
If you haven't already, be sure to download Victoria's free getting started ebook (just click on home at the top of the screen)

Dave

Welcome to the forum Jan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back