...goes around, comes around ....I'm Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shepherd Jim

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Hi All —

I'm a bit of a fraud in that I joined "this" forum back when LR was first released. I'm guessing the forum has been re-configured once or twice and I just had to re-register to get in. My Forum screen name and avatar were still in the system and immediately popped up when I logged in.

Must admit I've had a love-hate relationship with Adobe over the years. Five or so years ago I grew weary of having to pay $$$$ for frequent Pagemeaker and PhotoShop updates. I went off and adopted a few of the Serif programs (PagePlus, DrawPlus and PhotoPlus) as okay replacements.

But actually, in the case of Serif's PhotoPlus all is not happiness and light. PhotoPlus crashes too frequently. And now that I am getting "back into" LR, I'm concerned that linking PhotoPlus to LR as an "extrernal editor" might create some big problems. Moving a "crashed" PhotoPlus-edited file back into LR might create a "corrupted stacked image" ...is your blood running cold at the thought? ;-(

I have the feeling I'm just building up whatever it will take for me to get on the CC subscription bandwagon. At $10/month for BOTH programs it really is a deal.

One thing I'm doing differently "this time around" is that I'm joining a local camera club - First Light Camera Club based in Brunswick/Topsham, ME First Light Camera Club, Brunswick, ME I went to a meeting last week and beside aa high degree of enthusiasm they have a good number of tech savvy members -- both camera/photo tech as well as IT tech.

Jim,

Welcome back to Lr. I am a fairly recent member :)

Welcome back Jim! We're pleased to see you.

If PhotoPlus crashes, the resulting file could potentially be corrupted, but worst case scenario, you could just remove it from your LR catalog. That said, you're absolutely right, the CC bundle is a brilliant deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back