• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Creative cloud desktop app - where's the download?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevedo

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Yesterday I finally bit the bullet and subscribed to LR and PS CC. I used the CC desktop app to download and install LR 2015.4 and I'm wondering if the download is cached somewhere on my machine, I certainly can't find it. It's important to me because I'm travelling for the foreseeable future (been on the road now for nearly 20 months) and would like a cached local copy of the install files (a .exe as version 5.7 I was running?) so that in the event of needing to do another install I'm not at the mercy of a slow internet connection. I'm currently in Guatemala and the install was slooooooow. I dread to think what it might be like in remotest Mongolia :)

For reference, I'm running a Windows 10 machine.

Thanks
Steve

I don't think that a local copy of the installer files is kept.

I am not sure, but I believe you should not have to re-install when you change your license. There is a way to just change the license, and the existing Lr will pick it up.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back