• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

can i force to geotag a bunch of files? cc 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

mantra

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
hi
i have lightroom cc 2015 and lightroom cc (the new one)
i have installed on my windows 10 and sierra last update

can i select a bunch of files and force to geotag my images (all of them have coordinates) ?
i know there is the option to pause or automatic geotag
but i have lots of photos ,and there are 400 picture that i want let lightroom to fill up all location info

i use mostly cc 2015 , just because the lightroom did some weird joke under w10 and sierra ,it did shut down few time but while i was woking ,i will keep update

and another question , with lots of photos ,is a wise idea create 2 o more catalogs?

thanks and happy new year to everybody

and another question , with lots of photos ,is a wise idea create 2 o more catalogs?
What is a lot? When you have less than 100.000 photo's i would not use multiple catalog. There could be other reasons for using more catalog like for work and private. Lot's of people (me too) use temporarily catalog for projects, assignments, travel, etc. However, we merge them back into our maincatalog afterwards. Peter Krogh did write a good book about the topic: Multi-Catalog Workflow with Lightroom 5 - The DAM Book

can i select a bunch of files and force to geotag my images (all of them have coordinates) ?
i know there is the option to pause or automatic geotag
Do you mean the 'Adress lookup' functionality of Lightroom?
I don't think it's possible to force it on a subset however you could export these set as an separate (temporarily) catalog and to the work there and merge the both catalog afterwards.

t
Do you mean the 'Adress lookup' functionality of Lightroom?
I don't think it's possible to force it on a subset however you could export these set as an separate (temporarily) catalog and to the work there and merge the both catalog afterwards.
hi
thank you !

There is a disclosure triangle to the right of your catalog name in the upper left corner. When you click that it reveals a couple of options, one of them is "Address Lookup". You control the automatic address lookup, sometimes called reverse geoencoding there.

When turned on any images that have GPS coordinates will eventually have the location fields filled out. I believe it works as a back ground process and examines all the images in your catalog.

-louie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back