• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Adjustment brush (almost) no effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

bibendum

Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I am trying to blur people's faces and have already followed the advice in other threads like Adjustment Brush Not Working, however I can't get my brushes to work the way I'd expect (or know from Lightroom Classic).

The thing is that the adjustments I make with a brush seem to have close to zero effect. Even though some extreme changes for contrast or brightness do indeed seem alter some pixels, "sharpness", "structre" and other effects are close to unnoticable. Size is decent (10.0), smoothness at 100, flow at 50, density at 100, but changing those sliders also has barely any effect.

Oddly enough, if I drag the anchor point around, while dragging, my corrections are sometimes(!) visible while dragging. When I release it, it goes back to the state with barely noticable changes. Also, when exporting, the changes are (almost) not there.

What could I be missing?

Flow is limiting the affect. Change it up to 100% and you'll see the difference.

That wasn't it. I made a dumb mistake. I thought that just clicking once would already apply the brush to the displayed area. However, I forgot to "paint a bit around" by dragging the brush ;). Sorry. However, maybe this might help someone else.

Sounds like you have Auto Masking enabled. That does not always work well if the area you are painting is not smooth and not in one single color.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back