• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Web Galleries

Status
Not open for further replies.

msmack

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
After watching several tutorials I was able to make a web gallery. I was also able to send a link to share the gallery with someone. Now, comes the big question, how do I find my web gallery or more than one gallery?

Sorry, I meant Lightroom Album, not gallery. I shared an album I made but I don't know how and where to find it.

I shared an album I made but I don't know how and where to find it.
Not exactly sure what you mean by this ... but, if you've shared an album then you've got the URL for it, right? Just use that URL in your browser to see the album. If that's not what you mean, please explain further.

That is what I mean. Though, what if I had three different albums, shared with three different people?. According to what you are saying, I would need to have the url for the link for each one. There must be somewhere that the albums are held.

Yes, if you have three different shared albums, you will have three different URLs, one for each. I don't understand what you mean by "There must be somewhere that the albums are held." The albums are held in the Adobe cloud (i.e. online). You can share them using any of the Lightroom apps - LR Classic, LR Cloudy, LR Web, LR Mobile.

You can also have one online "Gallery", which is a collection of shared albums. To access this, go to LR Web and click on the "Shared" icon in the icon menu on the left side. At the top, you should see "Gallery". At the bottom of the page, you should see a button to "Add albums", so you can add many albums to this one gallery. Note however, that if you share this gallery, the people you share with will be able to see all of the albums contained within it (this may or may not be what you want).

That is what I mean. Though, what if I had three different albums, shared with three different people?. According to what you are saying, I would need to have the url for the link for each one. There must be somewhere that the albums are held.
You can view all of the albums that you've shared with others (or others that have shared with you) in any of the "cloud apps" (there's a special tab which shows all shared albums in a list). Classic doesn't have that feature, so in Classic you'd have to check each album (collection) one by one to see if it is shared or not (select a collection in Grid view and you'll see at the top right-hand side of the grid an indicator as to whether the album is currently shared or not).
If you don't want to use the Lightroom "cloudy" desktop app, I suggest you use the Lr Web app in a browser window....that will give you all the information you are looking for.

What is a cloud app? Also, the place to find the albums online is lightroom.adobe.com/libraries. This will hold all the albums. Having to go to individual albums to open them in Classic to get the Link #seems like a very round about way to see the albums.

What is a cloud app? Also, the place to find the albums online is lightroom.adobe.com/libraries.
Any of the Lightroom apps which can access the cloud in a more direct way than Classic......so Lightroom Desktop, any of the LR Mobile apps (iOS or Android), and of course the LR Web app (which is accessed via the lightroom.adobe.com/libraries link that you mention). All of these provide the album view, together with the option to view only shared albums, that you wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back