• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Upgrading LR 6 to LR CC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike59

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
I am considering upgrading to CC given that you get PS LR mobile storage and help tutorials and that I am an amateur photo snapper, I would like to hear what other forum members views on the advantages and disadvantages of this possible change LR 6 cost me £60 when purchased CC will cost in the region off £130 per annum.
looking forward to interesting and constructive comments.

for my thoughts; read the last post
Is Lightroom dead?
--- in fact it's a great thread

apart from training/storage; what else will CC give you that you really need?

as for training; there is a hell of a lot of free stuff on the web
I still use LR5.7 as there was not enough extra in LR6/cc imo
Instead of PS for the more advanced editing I'm using ON1 raw but I have not joined ON1 PLUS (forum/education/freebies)

photographers seem so eager to spend money (me too although I'm slowing down --- OK; I'm broke because I spent too much money trying to buy myself better photography haha)

just my thoughts and many will disagree

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's difficult for anyone to determine if the Creative Cloud package will be something that is going to be of value to you. I never had Lightroom 6. I went straight from Lightroom 5.7.1 to the Creative Cloud package. Many people complain about performance with the Creative Cloud. I have complained in the past. But that seemed to be because I got a little ahead of myself after importing some images. I don't have a supercomputer. It's a four-year-old HP computer. It was converted from Windows 7 to Windows 10, 8 GB RAM, no graphics card, just onboard graphics. Consequently, I'm not able to use the slideshow module. And I cannot use a few of the features in Photoshop. But I have learned to adapt.

Personally, I like the Creative Cloud program. I like using Lightroom Mobile. It's not that I do any editing on mobile devices. But it is so easy to quickly create shared collections and then share those collections with others. Whether or not having that kind of freedom is worth the expense to you is something that you will have to determine for yourself. My apps have always updated when they should. I have never had an update fail. I've read reports on forums where updates fail or notifications don't come through. I don't know why. Some users become very frustrated with the Creative Cloud update system. For me, it has not been a problem at all. Just remember that when you decide to subscribe it is a minimum one-year commitment. You can't enroll and then decide to drop a month later. I'm not trying to discourage you. I think the Creative Cloud plan is a good deal. But that is just based on my experience.

Thanks for you comment I am still undecided so may have a cooling off period and then come back to it,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back