Unable to publish to Flickr from Lightroom 5.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snapperpc

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Hello All, I am currently using Lightroom 5.7 on Windows 8 and the publish to Flickr has stopped working (within the last two weeks). After digging around on the internet for some advice, the only thing I could find was to delete the permissions in the sharing and extending portion of Flickr in an attempt to the fix a potential broken link. I am now unable to authorise Flickr. When I click Ok in Flickr to authorise the account I get taken to a blank page with this address:
http://static.photoshop.com/product...4703dc2dd873b&oauth_verifier=36105a184f766bee

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Let me know if you need any more information.
Thanks in advance.

I am sure your problem can be figured out, but if it can't, there is another solution. Add Jeffrey's "Export to Flickr" plugin to your Lightroom. I don't use that plugin, but when export for Facebook gave me too many problems, I installed Jeffrey's Plugin for Facebook and it works near flawless. The plugin is donationware. I believe the minimum cost is $1.00 (Edit $.01) USD. If you wish you can pay the minimum and then when you decide you really like the program give him a little more if you believe his plugin merits more.

If you can't figure out the Lightroom App, install Jeffrey's. That is my suggestion. It can be obtained on his blog at: http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/flickr

Last edited:
That link appears to be the authentication confirmation that should be passed back to Lightroom rather than opened in a page.

Which web browser is your default? You could try changing your default browser as I seem to remember that fixing a similar issue in the past.

Hi Victoria, my default browser is Google Chrome. I will try your suggestion and report back. Thanks

Hello Nogo, thank you very much replying and the suggestion. If I can't make the Plugin work I will certainly give the alternate plugin a try

Hi Victoria, I tried using IE 11 and got the same result. Do you have a browser that you could recommend?

Last edited:
Thank you Victoria. That sounds like a Saturday morning job to me. I will give it a go and let you know how I get on.
Thanks once again for all your help.

Hi Victoria, thank you for the easy to understand guide - the process was incredibly simple. Unfortunately the problem still exists. The good news is I took the advice of Nogo and downloaded Jeffrey Friedl's plugin and this is working.

Thanks for the replies and the advice. I hope I can be of help to others on the Forum too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back