Not open for further replies.

theturninggate

The Turning Gate
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
274.jpg

TTG LR Pages

Adobe Lightroom has made web photo galleries easy. Gallery indices have brought disparate galleries together into navigable collections. But still, something has been missing.

While Lightroom has allowed users to disseminate their photography to the web, web photo galleries do not a website make. TTG LR Pages generates what the standard templates do not -- not galleries, but pages -- finally allowing Lightroom users to generate complete websites from within the Lightroom Web module.

Features

TTG LR Pages generates two pages, intended for use as a splash, or Home, page and an About page. Each page allows for one image, and up to five headings and paragraphs; the template allows for up to five menu items, plus a contact link and linkable ID plate. Four layouts are available, and each of the two pages' layouts can be chosen independent of the other.

w
/ MonoSlideshow

Optionally, the image on the splash page can be replaced with a slideshow, as on the demo page. This requires TTG MonoSlideshow Gallery and a purchased copy of MonoSlideshow ($19.95, www.monoslideshow.com).

w/ Other TTG Templates

TTG LR Pages is designed to work aesthetically with other TTG templates, such as TTG XML Auto Index, TTG Shadowbox Gallery, and other TTG galleries. Used in conjunction with other TTG templates, TTG LR Pages can be used to generate a complete and cohesive web-based photo portfolio/website.

Download TTG LR Pages 1.'.

View sample website.

Cheers,
Matt

I had copied the zip archive to the wrong location by mistake. If anyone tried to download the gallery earlier and hit a 4'4 error, try again. The file is in place now.

Haven't got time to look at it right now but looks good from this view.

Thanks Matt. Having looked at the example structure it seems to be exactly what I'm looking for. Will have a play tonight if I get a chance. I'm so glad I came across this forum :cheesy:

this is marvelous

What a treat on a dreary day! thank you Matt.

I'll be rummaging around with this for a while.

Hi Matthew,

Looking very promissing. But no luck when I try to access your web pages. As you know I use your favoritt - IE ;-)

Sverre,
I'll get my own pages sorted out sometime. Haven't had time.
In the meantime, you can score the file directly.

Here are a few of the more important release notes.

Force Reload
Some of the Web module controls only partially live update. To ease use of this gallery, I’ve included a checkbox titled Force Reload. The state of this checkbox – whether checked or not – has no bearing on the gallery whatsoever. By toggling the state of the checkbox, however, you can force the page to re-render, updating the page with your changes. If some of your adjustments seem wonky, Force Reload and see whether the wonkiness disappears. Most of the time, it will.

Selecting Images For Your Pages
TTG LR Pages makes use of up to two images (one if you enable MonoSlideshow, below). To choose which images the gallery employs, select two images from your library – if the images come from separate locations/collections, add them to your Quick Collection – then jump to the Web module. The first image selected will be used on the Home/Splash page; the second will be used on the About page.
Even if you enable MonoSlideshow to replace the Home/Splash page image, the About page will still use the second image selected. To wit, you’ll need to select two images, even if only the second image is being used.

Using TTG LR Pages with MonoSlideshow

TTG LR Pages includes options to replace the image on the splash page with a MonoSlideshow presentation. Setting this up is a simple process, but requires TTG MonoSlideshow Gallery and a purchased copy of MonoSlideshow ($19.95).
To add MonoSlideshow to your TTG LR Pages implementation, enable the “Prepare Space for MonoSlideshow” checkbox, found under the Appearance pane in the Web module. Set the desired background color and stage dimensions for the slideshow. For the time being, you’ll only see an empty box where the slideshow will be. Finish setting up your gallery and export.

Now, switch galleries to TTG MonoSlideshow Gallery. Configure your MonoSlideshow gallery any way you like. The Stage Dimensions should match the dimensions, width and height, you entered into the TTG LR Pages template just exported. When you’re finished configuring your MonoSlideshow gallery, export it to a folder named monoslideshow.

Last, copy the monoslideshow folder, containing your TTG MonoSlideshow Gallery, into the exported folder for your TTG LR Pages setup (you could save yourself this step by exporting MonoSlideshow directly from LR into your Pages folder).
As long as the monoslideshow folder is located within the Pages folder, the slideshow should appear when you run the TTG LR Pages exported index.html file. If you’d later like to update or replace the MonoSlideshow presentation with a new version, just overwrite the monoslideshow folder with a new one.

this is what I came up with

Matt, I jumped at the opportunity to finish up my For the Birds project with your new template.

Here it is - not what you were thinking, I think. Critique welcome. Did I miss the point?

http://www.jensenmusic.ca/ftb/

Katherine, How could you have missed the point? Looks like a fine implementation to me. My only suggestions: Include a complete menu in each of your galleries. For your galleries, make sure Header Height is set to any value greater than zero. It will eliminate the empty space at the top. It's a bug that will be fixed in each gallery as I roll out new versions; some of them are already fixed, Shadowbox included. Cheers, Matt

Matt, I've been working on my site to include the TTG LR pages, Shadow Box and XML Auto Index and slowly but surely getting there :)

I've noticed that within Firefox on the Gallery Index page (http://www.ianhornephotography.co.uk/gallery/) the title bar and the ID Plate are completely misaligned compared to the IE page.

Firefox

firefox.gif

IE:

ie.gif

Many thanks,

Ian

TTG LR Pages 1.1

TTG LR Pages 1.1 is now available with the following changes/additions:
  • Added footer options.
  • MonoSlideshow now available on About page.
  • Revamped Remove Live_Update.js control scheme.

theturninggate;11'1' said:
Ian,

Increase the "Header Height" value found under the Site Info pane.
Apologies for that, I should have worked that one out. It was very late though ;)

Many thanks,

Ian

Hi,

I've just updated my Splash and About pages with paragraphs etc. When loading the Splash page is fine, but the About page shows this at the top of the page:

?:': attempt to index a nil value

Switch View
  • ...ies\TTG\TTGLRPages\TTGLRPages.lrwebengine\about.html:72: in main chunk
and hilighted in pink is this:

59. <div id="gallery" style="width: <%= math.floor( getImage(2).renditions.photos.width + model.nonCSS.galleryWidthAdjustment ) %>px;">

I've tried uploading an old TTGLR set of pages without any info in the paragraphs and they open just fine.

Many thanks,

Ian

Ian, the first thing I want you to do is delete the gallery template and any presets you may have created for it. Download the most recent version again, and install a fresh copy.

If the problem persists afterwards, please create a new preset and send it to me for review.

Thanks,
Matt

Ian, the first thing I want you to do is delete the gallery template and any presets you may have created for it. Download the most recent version again, and install a fresh copy.

If the problem persists afterwards, please create a new preset and send it to me for review.

Thanks,
Matt
Thanks Matt,

Removed template and presets as suggested and installed latest version. Everthing is working fine now. Very much appreciated.

All the best,

Ian

Can someone help please? I have downloaded the Panic template, but how do I get it into Lightroom? What I have done do far is to right click on User Templates and chosen Import - but I can't find a supported file in the TTG folder. What do I do?

Ian,

you may have fixed it in the meantime, but on my machine I see no differences between IE and Firefox.

alfred

TTG LR Pages 1.11

TTG LR Pages 1.11 is released.

This version further separates MonoSlideshow options for the Home and About pages. The pages can now be setup each with a different MonoSlideshow, with independent controls for each.

The Home page MonoSlideshows should be placed in a folder named monoslideshow within the TTG LR Pages output location.

The About page MonoSlideshow should be placed in a folder named aboutmonoslideshow within the TTG LR Pages output location.

I've also made a change in nomenclature for this version of the gallery. Anything previously referred to with the word "splash", as in "Splash Page", is now referred to as "home", as in "Home Page".

TTG LR Pages 1.2

TTG LR Pages 1.2 is released. This version adds a Contact page with a contact form and up to two headings and paragraphs. The contact form is powered by FormToEmail.php; anyone that's already purchased the Pro version for use with my Selection or Client Response galleries will be able to employ it here as well.

Cheers,
Matt

Only 1/2 website page displayed

Only 1/2 website page is displayed when my site loads. Here is the link if anyone wants to see how it works for them. Any suggestions, I have Forced reload checked. I'm sure you'll notice I have the Album title displaying on the images but didn't find a good way to get the album title display and image to sync so there is an overlap.

Remember its not finished so no critique til I'm done. ;)

robtesnearphoto.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back