Not open for further replies.

theturninggate

The Turning Gate
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
274.jpg

TTG LR Pages

Adobe Lightroom has made web photo galleries easy. Gallery indices have brought disparate galleries together into navigable collections. But still, something has been missing.

While Lightroom has allowed users to disseminate their photography to the web, web photo galleries do not a website make. TTG LR Pages generates what the standard templates do not -- not galleries, but pages -- finally allowing Lightroom users to generate complete websites from within the Lightroom Web module.

Features

TTG LR Pages generates two pages, intended for use as a splash, or Home, page and an About page. Each page allows for one image, and up to five headings and paragraphs; the template allows for up to five menu items, plus a contact link and linkable ID plate. Four layouts are available, and each of the two pages' layouts can be chosen independent of the other.

w
/ MonoSlideshow

Optionally, the image on the splash page can be replaced with a slideshow, as on the demo page. This requires TTG MonoSlideshow Gallery and a purchased copy of MonoSlideshow ($19.95, www.monoslideshow.com).

w/ Other TTG Templates

TTG LR Pages is designed to work aesthetically with other TTG templates, such as TTG XML Auto Index, TTG Shadowbox Gallery, and other TTG galleries. Used in conjunction with other TTG templates, TTG LR Pages can be used to generate a complete and cohesive web-based photo portfolio/website.

Download TTG LR Pages 1.'.

View sample website.

Cheers,
Matt

Loads ok here Rob (Mac/Firefox) but if the page isn't wide enough, your logo covers some of your menus.

Aside from seeing the same problem that Victoria points out. I fixed you link in your post. It was getting a 4'4!

All better now.

Don

Victoria Bampton;136'2 said:
Loads ok here Rob (Mac/Firefox) but if the page isn't wide enough, your logo covers some of your menus.
I'm assuming, by your reply, that I need to adjust the page width of my page so it will display properly for others. My logo doesn't cover the menus when I access my site and looks like the image I posted. How do I keep this from happening when others access my site?

Thanks for the help, Victoria and thanks for the link correction, Don.

Rob

Hi Rob,

Site also looks fine to me in Firefox/Mac.

As for the logo, the page width will be variable depending upon the screen resolution and browser window size of the visitor. It's your logo image that's too big, so if the browser window is too smaller, the image overlays your menu. The best solution would be just to reduce the size of the logo image.

Cheers,
Matt

Contact Page not working correctly

Matt,

I made the email address change in the FormToEmail.php file and then copied the paragraph to the contact.html page. I wasn't sure exactly where to copy it so I put it below the area that contains the menu information. You can view the page at http://www.metschanpictures.com/contact.html. Do you have any suggestions? My issues are:

*The form is there and it can email but the color of the text and boxes are wrong.
* There is no copy on the right hand part of the screen.
*There are lots of code on the bottom of the screen.

I could email you the contact.html code if that would help. Thanks a lot for your help!

Metschan, it looks to me as if you don't have enough images selected. The gallery requires at least three images to be actively selected. It's looking for a third image, not finding it, and returning an error.

As for the colors, you should be able to set them from within the Web module.

Please let me know if that fixes your problem.

Cheers,
Matt

Fixed

Thanks for the reply. That did it. The instructions say, "TTG LR Pages makes use of up to two images" so I didn't think to select 3. I really appreciate the quick support.

It used to be two, but then I added the Contact page and it became three. I guess I missed that line in the documentation when I was making revisions. Glad to hear that solved it, though. :)

Description

I'm looking through the galleries and am looking for one where each picture can have a description or caption below it. Is there a gallery that can do that or do you have a suggestion? Thanks.

Possible to have "random" home-page image?

Hi Matt

In TTG LR Pages, is it possible to have the home page image change every time one accesses the home page? It would be great to have the home page image display a "random" (or sequential?) image from a folder of images.

I know that the TTG XML Auto Index gallery does this if one does not specify a particular image for the gallery.

Regards, Nigel

NigelL,

You can also use a monoslideshow at the front. I know that is a constant change and you asked about a random slide each time you open, but this choice is available now.

See my home page for an example: http://www.outdoorimagesfineart.com,

This was built with a (slightly modifed version of) TTG Pages.

Looks real good David. A nice example of what can be done with all these templates.

Looks real good David. A nice example of what can be done with all these templates.

Cheers to that. David's site looks great! His is one of my favorite examples of my templates in use. :)

See my home page for an example: http://www.outdoorimagesfineart.com,

This was built with a (slightly modifed version of) TTG Pages.

Fantastic site..

I am new to the TTG LR pages but I think these are exactly what i am looking for!!

If I understand correctly, you've built all this from within LR with the TTG pages??

Hello all,

I've started building my own website with all you fantastic templates.

I use Pages / index / simpleviewer. After a few tries, it's finally workingand I can now choose my best pictures to upload :)

I'd like to tweak it a little and I was wondering if it was possible to add a Guestbook page?

Thanks,

You can switch the image and text positions: image left, right, top or bottom relative to the text. You can also replace the image on the Home and About pages with MonoSlideshow if you so desire.

Cheers,
Matt

Hi maonanjin,

Under the controls for each page is an option labeled "Configuration" which allows you to change the arrangement of the image/slideshow in relation to the text.

TTG LR Pages does not support other types of slideshows. You could, however, use TTG Stage to generate an embed page to any supported gallery, then copy the relevant portions of code from Stage into LR Pages.

It's a school camera, and I prefer not to use it. It gives me ERROR DB more often than it gives me photos. The photos are nice, though, when I actually get them, and get them without moire. I much prefer to use my 5D Mark II. It's much friendlier to use, and gives me more consistent results.

As for the code, it's easy to identify in both templates, as the relevant portions are contained within a <div id="flashcontent">.

I continue to get a message in Lightroom "An error has occurred in the script on this page" when working with the TTG LR Pages 1.21. Doesn't cause a crash and I just click on through but it is annoying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Everyone,

I'm working with the latest Panic gallery and the latest LR on Mac....

Anyway is there a way to "justify right" the main image? So the large image is more or less flush with the right side of the web page. I've tried changing the CSS tags but nothing worked.

Here's the test page:

http://36'panostar.com/public/1''_thumbs_doe/

Thanks!

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back