• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Sync LR Mobile on IPhone with LR Classic CC on Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmargolis

Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Classic CC 8.2.1
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
  2. iOS
I would like to find the instructions for setting up syncing LR Classic CC on my Mac with LR Mobile. I want to transfer .dng images I shoot on LR Mobile to my LR catalog. When I look at Victoria's book, even the digital version, I see LR Classic and LR CC but don't see LR Classic CC instructions. Frankly I find it a little confusing. I did go into LR Preferences on Mac and set up a destination folder for the sync.

Thanks . Roberta

I think I figured it out by poking around and trying to initiate it from the phone. It seems to be working, syncing now. I also increased my Adobe Cloud storage amount.

Thanks. Roberta

Which book are you looking at? In the LR Classic book, the instructions are definitely there in the Cloud Sync section (LR Classic and LR Classic CC are the same thing, people generally use Classic only as a shorthand form). But in any event, the instructions aren't complicated:

1. Take picture on the phone (I assume you are using the LRCC app's camera, as you mention .dng). Leave the LRCC app open until the image has uploaded to the cloud.
2. In Classic, ensure that sync is enabled. If it is, the phone images will automatically download into the Classic catalog, and will be placed into the folder that you have specified in the Preferences>Lightroom Sync tab).

When I look at Victoria's book, even the digital version, I see LR Classic and LR CC but don't see LR Classic CC instructions.
There is only one Lightroom Classic. Officially it is called Lightroom Classic CC, but many people drop the CC from the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back