• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Slow to import images from card or file on computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbo48

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Operating System:
Exact Lightroom Version (Help menu > System Info):

Hi all Im a newbie so I hope I've come to the right place. I have checked out some of the previous posts on slow loading of which there are a few but none quite like my issue.

I have been using lightroom for several years and have found it great until I upgraded to the Classic version. My workflow in the past has been to import the files from card using light room which nicely puts the files into lightroom and also a file on my computer (Mac OS10).

However since Classic upgrade it takes forever to import the files be it from card or image file on my computer. Although the indicator on the top LHS of the screen says the images are downloaded when I click on them in Lightroom they are pixilated until they eventually load. Sometimes if I close down lightroom and reboot it the images are loaded.

Any suggestions and please remember Im no computer genius

Thanks Jim

Operating System:
Exact Lightroom Version (Help menu > System Info):

Hi all Im a newbie so I hope I've come to the right place. I have checked out some of the previous posts on slow loading of which there are a few but none quite like my issue.

I have been using lightroom for several years and have found it great until I upgraded to the Classic version. My workflow in the past has been to import the files from card using light room which nicely puts the files into lightroom and also a file on my computer (Mac OS10).

However since Classic upgrade it takes forever to import the files be it from card or image file on my computer. Although the indicator on the top LHS of the screen says the images are downloaded when I click on them in Lightroom they are pixilated until they eventually load. Sometimes if I close down lightroom and reboot it the images are loaded.

Any suggestions and please remember Im no computer genius

Thanks Jim
I have more or less the same problem on my Windows laptop. In fact LR often freezes up. Instead of importing from the card, I copy the files to my dish drive outside of LR. I then remove the card, open LR and do an import using the ADD option. I've tried other fixes but they don't work for me. Oddly, I only have this problem on my bigger, newer machine. Works fine on the old, slow machine.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back