• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Sharing from Lightroom Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.

IA_Jeff

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I am sure this has been asked before, but my searching didn't find what I am looking for. So here it goes.

I would like to share photos that I have developed in Lightroom Classic to family members. It would have to be able to be accessed via a phone, tablet, and web. The hang up I have, and its a personal one, is that I do not want them editing the photos, or adding comments (very left brain). My solution now is that I created a page on Adobe Portfolio. It works good via a website, but not so much so via a phone. Any pointers on how I might go about this?

Thanks
Jeff

Use the Portfolio website that comes with the plan. You can import LR collections. Importing collections requires syncing them to the cloud but your actual files aren't in the cloud when you use Classic. If you don't want to go that route you can import one file at time avoiding the cloud. They can't edit them.

I should add there are advantages importing collections. I never did that so I'm not that well versed about it. Perhaps someone can explain it.

The normal Lightroom web galleries can handle that Jeff. They can't edit them in a web gallery, and although comments/likes are enabled by default, you can turn them off in the Share & Invite Settings on the website interface for each gallery.

Sounds like I got it right. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't an easier way. Thanks for the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back