• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

mischa4

Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Version Number
LR & LR Classic
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
One thing I miss from LR Classic is the printing module. Doing it from PS is convoluted to my mind. I opened LR Classic to try and print something but any photos added post migration are not there. Has anyone got a workflow for sending a photo to Lightroom Classic (or syncing Classic to the cloud) so the printing module can be used?

Print module is still there in Classic, do you mean you changed to the Cloud version and changed your Adobe subscription to the Cloud version also?

Ah! Thought that's what you meant. No, you lose the sync to Classic when it isn't your main Lightroom tool. You can Export from Cloud, then Import - then it / they will appear. But yes, quite a few wish there was a print function in Cloud!

So to expand on Paul’s idea a bit further, the simplest option is to export from Cloudy with it set to Original + Settings format, then import the resulting file into an empty/temporary Classic catalog to print. You can then delete the exported file and/or the temporary Classic catalog.

Yes excellent idea. I was confused because the old catalog is still there. I can see that creating a new catalog devoted to printing is thenway to go! Thanks

One thing holding me back from migrating to the cloud-based Lightroom on the 1TB plan is the inability to print. Am I to understand that I can still import new photos into Lightroom Classic and use the print module after I change plans?

One thing holding me back from migrating to the cloud-based Lightroom on the 1TB plan is the inability to print. Am I to understand that I can still import new photos into Lightroom Classic and use the print module after I change plans?
Yes. My workflow is that I export any photos for printing from cloudy LR with Orginal + Settings (as suggested by Victoria) to a specific folder. I have a a LR classic catalog (called printing) to which I import these photos. I ‘move’ them rather ‘copy’ them so I am not duplicating files. I can then set up the print, soft-proof and make any adjustments needed for printing in Classic. This works OK for me.

I still use Classic as my master catalog and Lightroom cloudy to complement the full featured Classic.

You can still not print from Lightroom cloudy, you are limited to a simple print process via “share”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I ‘move’ them rather ‘copy’ them so I am not duplicating files.
Better still, 'add' them, then they don't need to move!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back