• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Previous Imports

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwinters

Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic - 9.3 release
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hi - I recently imported 6 pictures and told them to go to a particular collection. (in addition to 'all photographs' catalog).

The pictures went where they were supposed to but also are in a catalog called 'previous imports' - when i delete them inside 'previous imports' they disappear from the collection and the 'all photographs' catalog

Hi - I recently imported 6 pictures and told them to go to a particular collection. (in addition to 'all photographs' catalog).

The pictures went where they were supposed to but also are in a catalog called 'previous imports' - when i delete them inside 'previous imports' they disappear from the collection and the 'all photographs' catalog
"Previous Import is not actually a catalog, but rather a view into your catalog (despite where it is located in the panel), it is kind of like a smart collection that LR offers for your viewing convenience (unless for some reason that you created a catalog by that name). If you delete images there, they are deleted out of the open catalog. The next time that you import images into that catalog, these newly imported images will replace the prior ones in Previous Import. In short, consider Previous Import as a convenient way to see what you just imported.

--Ken

Last edited:
You only have one catalog and that is everything you see on the screen. All the listings in the top left panel are collections in that one catalog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back