• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Possible plugin issues with collections in LrC 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob211

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
Upgraded from most recent LrC to the new LrC 10.

The following occurs repeatedly after several restarts of the program (and shutdowns allowing optimizing):

1. Select Collections pane arrow and expand it.
  2. Collections show per usual.
  3. Close the arrow, hiding the collections.
  4. Select Collections pane arrow again, and expand it.
  5. This time, only one collection shows.
  6. Change sort to "by kind" instead of "by name"
  7. Now collections show per usual.
I notice the collection was one created by the excellent Any Filter plugin by John Ellis. I deleted that collection, and disabled the plugin, and this behavior stopped. Can't say for sure it's the plugin at issue (v1.38), and will notify him, but just in case anyone else sees this that was my remedy.

Jeffrey Friedl's plugins don't work either. This is expected, as his registration keys to a LrC serial number or something and gets borked with every major upgrade, so one has to renew. But since the plugins won't enable at all, there's no way to enter the PayPal renewal codes, so no way to enable them, so no way.... Well, you get it. Unless I missed something.

"Jeffrey Friedl's plugins don't work either. "

It looks like he released new versions a few days ago for LR 10 compatibility. I was able to update by Zenfolio plugin by downloading the latest version and replacing the old .lrplugin folder. (And then I had to do the major-version song-and-dance of getting a new registration code.)

Thanks for the heads up.

I added to the feedback at Adobe.

And Mr Friedl's website had the old ones when I downloaded yesterday AM PDT. I refreshed after reading your comment and the news ones now appear, 10/17/2020 and they work after a restart and the usual registration thing.

Still having the problem with the collections.

If I understand one of the problems is that your list of collections doesn't always show all the collections? I've had that randomly in 9.3 and 9.4 so to me that isn't new. I just minimize the collections list and re-expand and life is good. Scared me the first time because I thought I lost them.

"I just minimize the collections list and re-expand and life is good."

Unfortunately, that doesn't help here, at least for Rob and me: You either have to restart LR after expanding the panel, or change the sorting of the panel:
https://feedback.photoshop.com/conv...with-panel-collapsed/5f8f43e2bd25503aeafcdaf6
I too have long seen (for years) the Collections and Folders panel partially paint sometimes, and collapsing/expanding repainted them correctly. But not in this instance.

Last edited:
Yes, just seen this with my collection list. It was fine yesterday. I did re-install a plugin this morning but than again I had plenty yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back