• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Plan to go from 6.9 to Classic- best way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbabe

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
LR 6.9 but soon 10.3
Operating System
  1. macOS 11 Big Sur
Hi, My plan is to go from LR 6.9 to the latest version of Classic. I thought there as a way to make that jump from within 6.9. If that's not the case, what is the best (or only) way to accomplish this? Any prep or changes to 6.9 before I do so? I've just upgraded myMac OS to Big Sur v11.4. Thanks

Hi, My plan is to go from LR 6.9 to the latest version of Classic. I thought there as a way to make that jump from within 6.9. If that's not the case, what is the best (or only) way to accomplish this? Any prep or changes to 6.9 before I do so? I've just upgraded myMac OS to Big Sur v11.4. Thanks

Easy. Just get your Classic subscription and install it on your Big Sur computer. Start Lightroom Classic and open you LR6.x catalog file and follow the instructions. Lightroom Classic will read your LR6.x catalog file and create a new Lightroom Classic catalog from the data in your LR6.x catalog file.
Uninstall LR6.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Easy. Just get your Classic subscription and install it on your Big Sur computer. Start Lightroom Classic and open you LR6.x catalog file and follow the instructions. Lightroom Classic will read your LR6.x catalog file and create a new Lightroom Classic catalog from the data in your LR6.x catalog file.
Uninstall LR6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back