• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Photos on NAS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rctneil

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Hey,

I'm currently working out a new way to keep all my data organised. Currently I have my MacBook with two external 3Tb drives attached. One for storage and the second is a backup.

What I have been testing yesterday is a storage server. I have built a PC out of some spare parts and set it up with Unraid (looks really nice so far). It looks to work ok at the moment but before I invest in some drives to flesh out its storage capacity I wanted to know if it was ok to store all my photographs on it and using Lightroom to access them. (I will be keeping my library file and previews data on the MacBook).

Thanks,
Neil

Yes, you can store the photos (but not the catalog) on a NAS.

Yes. LR as a program and the catalog are not allowed to be on a network disk but the photos can be on a NAS

Edit Sorry about the repeat post but had not seen Johan's post.

Excellent. Thanks for the info. It's looking like this server is precisely what I need. Will make things sooooo much easier to manage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back