• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Book module Photos in Book Module looking desaturated compared to their version in the Library

Status
Not open for further replies.

mabspix

Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic v 10.2 (Camera Raw 13.4)
Operating System
  1. macOS 11 Big Sur
Good afternoon

I am quite puzzled. I have been using the Book module for years without much problem and I'm very comfortable changing layouts, fonts etc.

I tend to edit my pictures in the Develop module as I go to ensure consistency of tones etc. However, in the book I am currently working on, the pictures in the book look quite desaturated compared to their version in the Library or the Develop modules. When I edit an image in Develop, it very briefly appears as in Develop and then becomes flat after a split of a second. It is particularly obvious in the skin tones and I attach 2 screenshots to illustrate my problem (I am aware that the WB isn't correct but this is just for illustration purposes) .

I've checked that soft proofing isn't on, the colour space (sRGB) but just cannot figure it out so any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

From the Book Module:
From Book Module.png

From the Develop Module:
From Develop Module.png

Did you find a solution to this? I am having the same problem and find it quite annoying. I am also using Lightroom 11.2 on a Mac, Big Sur 11.3.1

Thanks!

Adobe has acknowledged this bug:
https://feedback.photoshop.com/conv...version-of-the-photo/5fc297e6ecf16939894a4edf

Most of that bug report talks about the Print module, though Adobe has merged in similar reports about the Book module. Others report that the bug doesn't affect how the image prints, just how it appears in the Print and Book modules. Is that your experience?

Please add details of your issue to the bug report, and be sure to click Like and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely Adobe will prioritize the fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes. Product developers rarely participate in this forum and won't see your feedback.

Thank you, that's very helpful. I will head over there and report back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back