• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Photos in Apple Mac Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

magician john

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom Version Number
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.14 Mojave
A photo that exist in LR Classic CC, I have tried to put as Desktop.

I have gone in through System Preferences and then Desktop/Screen saver and then Desktop, I see the folder and have gone into it , yet the photo isn't showing in it.
It exists in LR so what is happening and what can I do to get the photo to show so that I can select it for my Desktop?

Put the exported file(s) somewhere local and point to that when you assign it as backgroundimage
I've found macOS will sometimes default back to its own photos, especially after restart or update.

To get around that, Open Finder>Command+Shift+G to bring up the Go To Folder option and enter the following path: /Library/Desktop Pictures
Hit Return and you’ll jump to the Desktop Pictures directory, this is where all default wallpapers in macOS are stored.

Drag and drop your exported JPG to this folder. You'll get a popup and need to enter your admin password. Once copied then Systems Preferences>Desktop/Screen Saver>Desktop. Your photo will be among the Apple options in the selection window. Set this way macOS treats it as one of its own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back