• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Missing photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugashik Bob

Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
CC 7.5 8..4 CR 11.4
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I am missing a complete days photo which is about 900 photos. I believe it was a result of drive letter swap while using an external usb drive. When I attempt to locate the missing photos with Lightroom I go to the new logical drive (D:) and follow the sub directories to the correct date and it only shows one CR2 file that I believe was deleted. When I go to same location with Windows file explorer all my files for that day are there but Lightroom can't seem to find them. Any suggestions appreciated.
Lightroom1.JPG
Lightroom2.JPG
Lightroom3.JPG

Probably those files are already imported in LR and copied to another folder. The fact that you can see only 1 deleted file reinforces my theory, being that the only non duplicate image. Did you have the "do not import suspect duplicates" ticked?

I suggest you search by filename within LR for an exact match to check if the files are present elsewhere in your LR catalog.

Sent using Tapatalk

Umberto:
I had "do not import suspected duplicates" box checked. When I do a text search for the filename it finds the photo in question and shows it as the same missing photo. The other photo shown has the same id but is preceded by date info from 2016. Was hoping to see another copy of it in another location other than the correct location that file explorer finds but not Lightroom. Is there another search mechanism in Lightroom I am missing?

other th
Lightroom4.JPG

I created another sub-directory on my external drive D named D:\LR 091919 Restore and copied all my missing files from there original location that file
explorer can find. The copy of all 263 photos from the original location was successful and I was able to view with file explorer both .CR2 and .JPG versions of the 263 photos in the new location. I then tried to locate the missing photos using the Lightroom locate function pointing at the new location. Like before Lightroom only showed one file 1W9A1824.CR2 at that location. I then deleted the 1824 and 1825 images and tried the locate function again using 1827 and all 263 images are now accessible. Wish I had a 1/2 a clue as to what happened.

Good job! At this point, the only hint for me is database corruption... Have it checked by someone! And don't discard old backups

Sent using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back