• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Missing "Camera Standard" profile for Canon R5 in Lightroom Classic v11

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimlevitt

Premium Classic Member
Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version : 11.1
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
I've just updated to v11.1, from v.10.4 I'm wondering why I don't have "Camera Standard" among the "Camera Matching" Profiles, for the Canon R5. I see Faithful, Landscape, Neutral, Portrait, and Monochrome. Shouldn't "standard" be in there as well? If so, how can I go about snagging it?

Solution
Problem solved! There was a 2019 thread here, on deleting unwanted camera profiles, which detailed where camera profiles are stored. Once I removed those "unofficial" but identically named profiles, doing so within Windows, I restarted Lightroom Classic. The unofficial profiles are gone, and all six of Adobe's new Camera Matching profiles appear as they should.

Thanks to all who chipped in suggestions.
Should be there V2. Did you try clicking on the 4 squares and checking out the camera matching section. There should be 6 profiles.

Attachments

• Screen-Shot-2021-12-31-at-10.29.46-AM.jpg
    Screen-Shot-2021-12-31-at-10.29.46-AM.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 110
I've just updated to v11.1, from v.10.4 I'm wondering why I don't have "Camera Standard" among the "Camera Matching" Profiles, for the Canon R5. I see Faithful, Landscape, Neutral, Portrait, and Monochrome. Shouldn't "standard" be in there as well? If so, how can I go about snagging it?
Faithful is the Camera Standard for all Canon Camera models. That’s how it’s been named for evera Canon model.
If you look in the Camera Menu of your camera do you see a Standard and a Faithful?
Adobe is creating a matching profile to replicate what your camera produces!,

Last edited:
Hmmm. I've seen both Standard and Faithful for every Canon camera I've owned since 2005. I think the factory default is Standard. It is what the manual shows one page 197. For LrC the default is Adobe Color.

Attachments

• Screen-Shot-2021-12-31-at-12.50.16-PM.jpg
    Screen-Shot-2021-12-31-at-12.50.16-PM.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 123
I have a Canon T8i, and indeed Standard is the camera default. In my LrC 11.1, the camera matching profiles that show for Canon are Faithful, Landscape, Neutral, Portrait, Standard, and Monochrome.

If it’s missing try re-installing LrC.

I updated Lightroom Classic on my laptop today. All six Canon camera matching are there, including "Standard." I think the issue on my desktop machine has to do with other profiles I installed over the last several months, while trying to come up with better color than provided by "Adobe Color" and the other Adobe profiles, in v10. Among those other profiles were some created by a fellow at fredmiranda.com. Those profiles had names just like the (new) camera matching profiles. So I now have (2) of "camera neutral," (2) of "camera faithful," etc. Only the profiles created by that individual (which were closer to camera matching profiles than were Adobe Color and the other Adobe profiles) have problems with reporting the correct white balance. Under "Camera Matching" profiles now I've got (14), when I'd like to show only the (6) supplied by Adobe. I would like to hide or delete those unofficial profiles now. How can I do that? Web searching says I should be able to right-click on the profile name, to get options. Right-clicking does nothing.
And I'm STILL missing the "official" Adobe "Camera Neutral," which I cannot find anywhere. I normally use "Camera Neutral" or "Camera Faithful", but will occasionally try "Camera Standard" to see what it looks like.

If it’s missing try re-installing LrC.
First I've got to clean out the other "unofficial" camera matching profiles on my desktop machine that have the same names. How do we remove non-Adobe profiles?

Problem solved! There was a 2019 thread here, on deleting unwanted camera profiles, which detailed where camera profiles are stored. Once I removed those "unofficial" but identically named profiles, doing so within Windows, I restarted Lightroom Classic. The unofficial profiles are gone, and all six of Adobe's new Camera Matching profiles appear as they should.

Thanks to all who chipped in suggestions.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back