metadata

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stuck

does anyone know how I can sync the metadata that I input into Lightroom with the original RAW files in CaptureOne.

Hi Stuck! That's an interesting name! ;) Welcome to Lightroom Forums!

When you get a second, would you mind filling in your signature please, as it makes it a lot easier to give platform/machine specific advise. There's instructions on the front page. Thanks!

I haven't got CaptureOne to test this, but try selecting all of the files in Grid mode and using Ctrl-S / Cmd-S to write the metadata back to the files. Which metadata were you hoping to sync back to the files?

Unfortunately Lightroom doesn't give the user the choice to write metadata into a raw file but instead writes it into an xmp sidecar file. I don't think Capture One can read this.

One workaround is to go via another program that can read xmp files and can then write the metadata directly into a raw file - iView can do this. Capture One can then read the metadata.

Another approach is to sync the metadata after you've worked on it in Capture One. Import the C1 TIF/JPEG file into Lightroom, then select the raw file first, and the C1-produced file, and use Sync. You will also have to cut and paste the keywords.

Another point is to question why you are using Capture One....

John

Thank you for your input both of you. I've been trying to figure this out for a couple of weeks now so I've gone the iview route. The problem with iview is, it will only sync the fields that it contains and it doesn't include a 'captions' field. I prefer the way lightroom works as a whole but I have to use Captureone to process the files from my Phaseone back. Why can't Lightroom do the same thing that iview can do? I was hoping I'd overlooked a basic function. STill Stuck.

Just noticed you are from Southampton, that's where I grew up, I've never been a member of a forum before and the first reply I get is from Southampton. Mad.

iView does contain the caption. it may label it description or caption, depending on whether you set the preference to use IPTC Core or the older styles. But it's the same field.

I've always been anti Southampton - blame Bobby Stokes.

John

LOL John. I had to go look that one up, so please don't hold him against me! :D

Description is the field I'm looking for in iview. Thanks. Can't believe I missed it, been driving me crazy.
We need another Bobby Stokes right now, meanwhile Man U seem to have survived the defeat of 76, or was it 77.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back