• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

Export Merging Lightroom CC and CC Classic catalogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Lichter

Lightroom Experience
Beginner
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
Lightroom Classic version: 8.0
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.13 High Sierra
  2. Other (please note in thread)
I use Lightroom CC Classic on my MacBook at home. One of the main collections in my catalog is images relating to my organization. A couple years ago I exported this to the organization, which uses Lightroom CC to enable use with multiple devices, mostly PC. Since then the two catalogs have diverged. Their albums look nothing like my collections, and it's hard to be sure whether all the files are there or not. Searching by keywords or file names suggests not. They've added photos that I don't have or need, but I now have a couple hundred images I need to incorporate in their catalog. In addition I have made a few metadata changes such as adding to the keywords (which are the main organizing principle the two catalogs have in common), and some captions in previously exported files. Although they haven't been using local storage, I have their backup drive and can log onto their Lightroom CC.

So I think I could import files straight to their catalog from my own backup disc, thus giving them the new material along with its metadata. But I wonder if there's a way to merge the two catalogs without duplicates, so as to cover any changes to metadata in previously shared files and the possibility they're missing part of the previous export. Also, in the event of duplicates, would I have to replace their present metadata with mine, or could I merge it?

Also I think the organization would be happier with local backup of their LR CC catalog in addition to cloud storage. Is there a way to make that happen?

And, going forward, since I have no intention of migrating to Lightroom CC, what would be the best way to share new material with the organization?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back