• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

LR will only upload some of my pictures from a shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

George

Lightroom Experience
Advanced
Lightroom Version
Lightroom Version Number
7.4 and 7.5
Operating System
  1. Windows 10
Hi
Last night when I was uploading pictures from a shoot, LR would only show the previews from part of the shoot . When I tried to open one of the shots not previewed, it said it couldn't load those pictures. I had previously upgraded to v7.5 so i reinstalled 7.4 with the same result. I then tried it with On1 and they all showed up fine.
I shoot with a fuji X-T3 and haven't had any problems uploading the pictures. I always shoot jpeg and raw. The only variable is that I shot the jpegs using Acros which is a Fuji b & w adjustment. This never mattered before.
Any ideas?
thanks in advance
George

I have had a similar problem on my older iMac. Instead of using the built in port, I have switched to a USB card reader and that seems to be working although we have only processed one card since switching. I am suspecting a problem with my iMac port not recognising the card correctly. I checked using finder and it was only showing the same entries as Lightroom. So in my case, I would say it is not a Lightroom problem.

I think I found the problem but not the solution. Given Paul's reminder that LR is up to version 8, I checked the lr update and it only went to 7.5 I checked my laptop and it was LR v 8.1. I had an update problem last year an adobe tech took over the computer and set up an administrator account and then it would update. I assume this happened again.

Don't try to update using Classic's "Check for Updates" menu. Use the Creative Cloud desktop app, click on the three dots icon top right and select "Check for App Updates"...when that completes look at the Apps tab to see if Lightroom Classic shows the "Update" button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back