• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Are you using the cloud-based Lightroom apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Web? Then you'll love my book, Adobe Lightroom - Edit on the Go!

You'll learn how to use the Lightroom cloud ecosystem to organize, edit and share your photos. You'll also come to understand the thought processes used by professional photographers when they're editing their own photos, so you can transform your photos quickly and easily. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

LR cc downloader - LR CC sync

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDK

Premium Cloud Member
Lightroom Version Number
LR CC 4.3
Operating System
  1. macOS 10.15 Catalina
  1. I have done a new export from LR CC cloud using the Lightroom downloader.
Results as follows as per Download report:

Originals downloaded: 145,968

Edited version downloaded: 44,117

Failed downloads: 1

Total: 190,086

“Get info” on export folder: # files = 195,346

2. I have done a sync (Local Storage preferences, you have the option of changing how much of your available disk space Lightroom is allowed to use. Originals are always backed up to the cloud. You have the options to store a copy of all originals and smart previews on your computer’s hard drive as well. )

on a new external drive:

“Get info” on sync folder: #files = 134,956

3. # of files on LR CC cloud across all devices= 145,968

4. There have not been any new photos uploaded to the cloud

5.There have been no Sync or Export issues reported.

How are these file counts reconciled and how do i know everything is backed up properly?

The count of All Photos on Lightroom.Adobe.com is always the controlling number (so the actual number on the Adobe Cloud) which based on your figures will be the 145,968 - same number as the Downloader reported. That would sound like you have your local copy.

Many thanks for your reply.
So in other words the "sync" to an external hard drive does not work properly (see item 2 in my orginal post).
Please advise/confirm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back