• Welcome to the Lightroom Queen Forums! We're a friendly bunch, so please feel free to register and join in the conversation. If you're not familiar with forums, you'll find step by step instructions on how to post your first thread under Help at the bottom of the page. You're also welcome to download our free Lightroom Quick Start eBooks and explore our other FAQ resources.
  • Stop struggling with Lightroom! There's no need to spend hours hunting for the answers to your Lightroom Classic questions. All the information you need is in Adobe Lightroom Classic - The Missing FAQ!

To help you get started, there's a series of easy tutorials to guide you through a simple workflow. As you grow in confidence, the book switches to a conversational FAQ format, so you can quickly find answers to advanced questions. And better still, the eBooks are updated for every release, so it's always up to date.

LR CC 2015 2.1 -- Bad Job Adobe

Status
Not open for further replies.

GregJ

Greg Johnson
Lightroom Experience
Power User
Lightroom Version
Cloud Service
Sorry -- I've been off-line on this great forum for a while so have not followed any problems posted earlier. I am a daily user of LR. Love the program. Addicted in fact. I was horrified and astoundingly disappointed when I loaded CC 2015 2 and immediately was confronted with the simplistic and debilitating new Import framework. I read the flames on DP Review of infuriated professional photographers, but I kept quiet and worked around that horrible new Import "simplicity." My system was stable. But then when Adobe admitted to the world their massive screw-up and came with 2.1 in order to give us back some import functionality, I downloaded it immediately and my system is now unstable. I crash on every import but on the second attempt it always works. I also now crash on every catalog backup every time I exit, but then it works the second time. So I'm just doing everything twice and waiting for Adobe to fix this on 2015.3.

I must say I am disappointed with them. Moving backwards is not helpful. New users can learn the program like I did 5 years ago. The gurus here helped me. No need to dumb it down for new photographers shooting RAW for the first time. Adobe has a fantastic record of constantly improving LR. They moved backwards on this. I have never crashed once in 5 years and now this new 2105 2.1 crashes every time as I described above. Not good. Bad job Adobe.

~

Sorry -- I've been off-line on this great forum for a while so have not followed any problems posted earlier. I am a daily user of LR. Love the program. Addicted in fact. I was horrified and astoundingly disappointed when I loaded CC 2015 2 and immediately was confronted with the simplistic and debilitating new Import framework. I read the flames on DP Review of infuriated professional photographers, but I kept quiet and worked around that horrible new Import "simplicity." My system was stable. But then when Adobe admitted to the world their massive screw-up and came with 2.1 in order to give us back some import functionality, I downloaded it immediately and my system is now unstable. I crash on every import but on the second attempt it always works. I also now crash on every catalog backup every time I exit, but then it works the second time. So I'm just doing everything twice and waiting for Adobe to fix this on 2015.3.

I must say I am disappointed with them. Moving backwards is not helpful. New users can learn the program like I did 5 years ago. The gurus here helped me. No need to dumb it down for new photographers shooting RAW for the first time. Adobe has a fantastic record of constantly improving LR. They moved backwards on this. I have never crashed once in 5 years and now this new 2105 2.1 crashes every time as I described above. Not good. Bad job Adobe.

~
If you had been keeping up with the issue, you would know that there is a new bug fix in the wings. Probably to be called LRCC2015.3/LR6.3, it will bring back the old import process. update 2.1 did nothing to change the import process from what you saw in 2.0. It did however fix some show-stoping bugs that caused LR to crash. So, stay tuned. And stay on top of the situation.

IMO, the new Import interface is a refreshing change. New inexperienced LR users can begin with the pre-import screen, experienced users can bypass that and start in the main import screen. There were two glaring omissions for the new import process. These were the missing "Move" option and the inability to eject a camera card when the import process completes. I certainly hope the new Import dialogs stay around and the missing functionality restored. If the missing functionality were included when update 2.0 was release there probably would not have been such an uproar over the new import dialogs.

I saw this amusing comment earlier today:

Having read over 1000 posts during the last month about how awful the new Import module in LR 6.2.1 is, I thought perhaps I should give it a try....

To my surprise, the new Import worked fine. It imported only new files from my D810 cards, put them in the folder I requested, renamed them with date and time in front of the camera image number, added copyright details, and created standard previews. Just what I normally do, and without any problems!!

A lot of sound and fury, not enough willingness to adapt?

John

He had already posted a couple of angry complaints - before he tried it for himself. A lot of cut and paste anguish....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back