list of all missing photos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilBurton

Lightroom enthusiast (and still learning)
Premium Classic Member
Lightroom Experience
Intermediate
Lightroom Version
Classic
Lightroom tells me I have 324 missing photos. Is there any way that I can print out a list of file names? Ideally with folders? I organize my photos by yyyy/mm/dd folders, with all the actual image files in dd folders.

Phil

Not without a script or plugin. My ListView does it.

John

Not without a script or plugin. My ListView does it.

John

John - not sure if it is something local to me or a problem on your end, but for some reason, none of your links in your signature will load - I get the top header / image but then under that I get "Error occured during getting post.-32300:transport error - could not open socket" - have not seen any other issues today on my end, so I suspect your end. Others may be having the same issue (I tried earlier and got the same thing).

I get the same error.

How is LR telling you about the missing photos Phil

I have a new in the Catalogs control panel on the left:

Save Metadata to Files Problems.

I haven't seen this before but I got this entry after selecting all images in the catalog (only 1600 so far) and then doing Metadata Control-S

Phil

Me too. (to the website error)

Phil Burton

There is a Menu item {Library}{Find all missing photos} that generates a special collection in the Catalog Panel.

There is a Menu item {Library}{Find all missing photos} that generates a special collection in the Catalog Panel.

I've got that covered, but with 324 missing items, I really need a list. I'm going to trial (and probably buy) John's plugin.

Phil

"Error occured during getting post.-32300:transport error - could not open socket"

I'm still getting the same on Safari Mac, so you might want to investigate further John.

No idea what's happening - I've tried in a range of browsers including Safari and its mobile version!

No idea what's happening - I've tried in a range of browsers including Safari and its mobile version!
The error message is a failure to open a socket.
If you google "Error occured during getting post.-32300:transport error - could not open socket" And WordPress you will get lots of hits. One refers to a "Killabot" plugin. There may be other plugins that are not accessible and you may have one of these invoked if not the Killabot plugin.

Hey lovely people,
I wrote a script that does nothing but extracting the missing photos of a lightroom library and prints them as a list. I published it for free on github: Lightroom missing files path extractor. Gives a list of all missing files from Lightroom.

I know this is a super old thread. Also my script is not "one-click" and more directed towards power users, but I wanted to leave it here for the next person who finds this thread on google and desperately wants a list of their missing files.
It is, after all, simpler to figure out how to use the script than to redo four hours of reverse engineering and scripting. Instructions are in the script as comment. You can still buy List-View if you want a simpler solution :)

Hey lovely people,
I wrote a script that does nothing but extracting the missing photos of a lightroom library and prints them as a list. I published it for free on github: Lightroom missing files path extractor. Gives a list of all missing files from Lightroom.

I know this is a super old thread. Also my script is not "one-click" and more directed towards power users, but I wanted to leave it here for the next person who finds this thread on google and desperately wants a list of their missing files.
It is, after all, simpler to figure out how to use the script than to redo four hours of reverse engineering and scripting. Instructions are in the script as comment. You can still buy List-View if you want a simpler solution :)
Thanks for this script. I have a bunch of old, single-subject catalogs that I need to clean up and merge into my Production Catalog. This utility will help me, because I can run it quickly and outside of Lightroom.

Phil,
You do seem to have a List View registration code - in fact I see you bought it twice ;)
John

Phil,
You do seem to have a List View registration code - in fact I see you bought it twice ;)
John
John,

I like Listview, but if I understand properly how it works I need to be running Lightroom. Looking at that script, it appears to work directly with the SQLite data base, so I can run it outside of Lightroom. I assume that I should not run it while Lightroom is active, so I don't risk database screwups.

Phil

I like Listview, but if I understand properly how it works I need to be running Lightroom.
That's a plus as it runs on live data and uses the access method approved by Adobe.

Any script that interrogates the LR database has to be run while LR is closed. It probably won't cause any damage and will simply be unable to access the SQL.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back